Camera froze?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera froze?

My wife has told me several times that I should take better care of my E-1 and she did it again today. Noticed once before that when camera left outside cold for long it won't start. Then changed the battery and it started up. Now the camera was outside (actually in a parked car) for 2 days the temperature was between -15C midday to -25C night/morning. Went outside with my son and wanted to take some pics of him so grabbed the camera from car and it just won't start up. Changed the battery and nothing. So placed it inside and tried after 10 mins it worked. Turned it off the same instant to let it melt up.
    Never have had this issue when the camera is outside for couple of hours.

Now the question is if it's normal for a camera to froze up like this or should I throw it into service... or follow my wife advise?
    E-1; E-520; E-M10; ZD 14-42; ZD 35+CIR-PL; ZD 40-150; FL-36R; Metz 52-AF1

Re: Camera froze?

Hi Throt,

Olympus environment specifications for the E-1 set the operating temperature range from 0șC to 40șC and for storage from -20șC to 60șC. Although these are probably conservative for a reason, I suspect your wife is right.

I learned long ago that wives don't give "advise".

Comment

Re: Camera froze?

Originally posted by throt View Post
      My wife has told me several times that I should take better care of my E-1 and she did it again today. Noticed once before that when camera left outside cold for long it won't start. Then changed the battery and it started up. Now the camera was outside (actually in a parked car) for 2 days the temperature was between -15C midday to -25C night/morning. Went outside with my son and wanted to take some pics of him so grabbed the camera from car and it just won't start up. Changed the battery and nothing. So placed it inside and tried after 10 mins it worked. Turned it off the same instant to let it melt up.
      Never have had this issue when the camera is outside for couple of hours.

Now the question is if it's normal for a camera to froze up like this or should I throw it into service... or follow my wife advise?
      If you were left outside in a car at those temperatures for two days, would you start up straight away?

I'm with your wife here.....

Comment

Working...
      X