E1 missing seals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! E1 missing seals

At long last my E1 finally turned up today (hooray! ) but it seems to be missing seals on the external flash connector and remote cable connector ports...

Are they necessary to complete the weather sealing or can I live without them? Or does anyone know where they can be purchased?

I'm also going to speak with the vendor but I doubt he'll have them...
    E1, EP3, GX1, 14-54 mkII, 70-300mm, m9-18, m14-42, m40-150, m20 1.7, m45 1.8, FL36 & various OM glass. flickr

Re: E1 missing seals

Hi.
    Try here:
    http://stores.ebay.fr/luton-cameras

Not necessarily through e-bay. You can contact them directly.

Comment

Mine also had the problem. They can be had (worldwide as it happens) from Luton Camera Service's web site. Luton is an absolute treasure and a delight to deal with.
      Steve

Comment

Just looking on their website now... there certainly is a lot of random stuff on there!

I doubt the original seller has them but I'll try him first, if not I'll be looking at Luton!

Thanks!!
        E1, EP3, GX1, 14-54 mkII, 70-300mm, m9-18, m14-42, m40-150, m20 1.7, m45 1.8, FL36 & various OM glass. flickr

Comment

My E3 came with the same problem, Luton cameras are the place to go for the little bits and pieces when you need them.

Comment

Luton scores a hattrick!

Comment

If you still have questions, where you want to go is the Accessories page on the Luton web site which is easily reached by a link at the bottom of the spare parts page which has a link on the home page. Then towards the bottom are the Flash Sync Cap and right next to it is the Cable Remote Socket Cap. You need one of each obviously. They are£2 each plus a small delivery charge. Good luck; great camera.
              Steve

Comment

Just ordered them from Luton...

£2 each plus £3 p+p, by default their website was adding £3p+p on each item, I emailed them and they were good enough to send them both for £3p+p...

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Comment

Working...
                X