card error code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• card error code

My neice is using one of my old E-1 cameras and it is now coming up with card error (in red)on the back screen and -E- flashing on the top display. It hasn't been abused as far as I can see. Anyone got any suggestion to clear this please?
    Any help appreciated!

Re: card error code

Have you tried formatting the card in camera. Inexperienced photographer think deleting images after they have been downloaded is good enough, not so it's best to format to empty the card, always.

Patrick

Comment

Patrick......I tried that and didn't work. I also took one of my CF cards and tried it in the camera and the same message came up. I will try the card in my own camera to see what happens. I suspect this E-1 may be a scrapper as cheaper to buy another S/H if it cannot be sorted.

Comment

Before dumping the camera try formatting the card in the computer, not normally recommended, but in the case may work, then formatting again in camera. Worth a try.

Patrick

Comment

Card works fine in my own E-1 and stores images no problem. Has anyone any other ideas to get this e-1 working?

Comment

Have you tried battery out for 48 hour which should do a complete reset of all settings?
            All the best

Andy

E1,E5,E420,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14,50-200,50mm F2 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500,OM50mm(F1.8),OM28mm(f2.8),FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,Manfrotto 680b monopod,crap tripod,various filters/CF cards.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andypeter/

Comment

I'll give it a try Andym.....thanks!

Comment

Still have a card error flag on the screen and "E" on the top display. One final request for help before I dispose of this once cracking camera. Any other ideas to bring this E-1 back to life please?

Comment

You may have a bent pin in the card slot, compact flash cards have a habit of doing that if forced in wrong way round.

Comment

Hi.

If I do understand properly, the "damaged" E1 is not able to read any CF cards you put in, and all those cards work properly on other cameras/card readers? Correct?

If it is so, the only think I advise you to try - if you have it or know anyone who has it - is to try a CFII card adapter for SD cards, like this one http://psism.com/psi-sdxcf.htm.

Because it might not use all the contact pins on the camera's card reader - because the camera's problem is certainly related to its card reader.

But don't spend money buying one of these adapters now. I have one similar to the one in the picture I sent and it works Ok on the E1, but I'm certain that the new ones might have compatibility issues.

Kind regards,

Rogerio

Comment

Originally posted by Olypanfan View Post
                      You may have a bent pin in the card slot, compact flash cards have a habit of doing that if forced in wrong way round.
                      Pins look fine as far as I can see and all intact. It is impossible to put the CF card in back to front in the E-1.
                      Thanks for the suggestion anway......Any suggestions welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Lochmore Lad View Post
                        Pins look fine as far as I can see and all intact. It is impossible to put the CF card in back to front in the E-1.
                        Thanks for the suggestion anway......Any suggestions welcome!
                        you have never worked with firemen then! If there is a slot there and they want something to fit, even if it is the wrong size, they will make it fit. then complain when it does not work!!

Comment

One of my other jobs is a part-time fireman up in the Highlands! Ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by Lochmore Lad View Post
                            One of my other jobs is a part-time fireman up in the Highlands! Ha ha
                            You will know what I meen then

Comment

After a lot of faffing with magnifying glasses and a very fine led flashlight I have found what appears to be the problem. One of the pins that plugs into the CF card (the CF card holder in the E-1) is totally missing. It doesn't appear to have snapped off but maybe pulled out completely. Looks like a scrapper to me as cheaper to buy another secondhand E-1 or pay a huge bill to get it repaired

Comment

Working...
                              X