Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the FourThirds alive petition

the FourThirds alive petition is here:

you can subscribe the petition that we are going to submit to Olympus Co. with the aim to ask to go on with the production of new four-thirds equipments.

http://www.photocommunity.qtp.it/petition/index.php

best regards
    david
    _______
    E-30, 12-60swd, 50-200swd, Metz-48, EC-14

Re: the FourThirds alive petition

Originally posted by davdenic View Post
    the FourThirds alive petition is here:

you can subscribe the petition that we are going to submit to Olympus Co. with the aim to ask to go on with the production of new four-thirds equipments.

http://www.photocommunity.qtp.it/petition/index.php

best regards
    david
    I signed but the page to which I was directed to "comple" the signing came up with a mySql error.
    Steve

Comment

Worked OK for me.

Jeff
      My grandson, Ian (not our own FTU Ian), calls me "Tata", so I am...

Ian's Tata

Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons...
      For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

http://ianstata.com
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/ians-tata/
      http://www.edwardswaterhouseinn.com/ 2014, 2015, & 2016 TripAdvisor Certificates of Excellence
      https://www.facebook.com/edwardswaterhouse

Comment

I've already signed, a couple of days ago.
        View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Comment

I understand and appreciate the effort, but the only thing that will keep alive or kill a system is sales. You really want it to survive? Buy an E-5 and pick up some SHG and HG glass. I have seen this before when customers really like some product (go see how many people signed a petition for SEGA to make a game called Shenmue III, most people who played the first two wanted to see the next get made, but all the signatures in the world didn't change the fact that SEGA had lost money). I would imagine that Oly has been wishy washy about the future of the system because they are waiting to see how the sales of the E-5 pan out.
          ~Reggie

Nikon D3s | D500 | Nikkor 300mm f/4 PF | Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 | 70-200 f/2.8 G2 | Sigma 50 f/1.4 Art | 500mm f/4 Sport

Panasonic GX8 | GF3 | 20 f/1.7 II | 12-35 f/2.8

Comment

Does this mean that there will no longer be fourthirds cameras? ? ?

I only ask as i want ot upgrade but not going to if it's going to become obselete?

Will still sign it though

Cheers
            E-510, kit lens 14 - 42mm 1:3.5-5.6 ED, kit lens 40 - 150mm 1:4-5.6 ED, FL-36R, Olympus lens 70 - 300mm :\

Comment

Originally posted by billynxn View Post
              Does this mean that there will no longer be fourthirds cameras? ? ?

I only ask as i want ot upgrade but not going to if it's going to become obselete?

Will still sign it though

Cheers
              I suggest you read the comment by ReggieB above.
              Ross
              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
              Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                I suggest you read the comment by ReggieB above.
                I did and that's why i asked. The nikon D7000 is £400 cheaper than the E-5 so if we have to vote with our wallets . . . . . :\
                E-510, kit lens 14 - 42mm 1:3.5-5.6 ED, kit lens 40 - 150mm 1:4-5.6 ED, FL-36R, Olympus lens 70 - 300mm :\

Comment

I did and that's why i asked. The nikon D7000 is £400 cheaper than the E-5 so if we have to vote with our wallets . . . . . :\
                  It's a tough call, you have to decide which camera you like, and decide if you are willing to take the "risk" of not having a concrete upgrade path. There just isn't one right now. Everyone who has the body loves it, but I haven't been convinced that it's a large enough upgrade over my E-3 to warrant my purchasing it. If I was buying in to a new system, the E-5 would be a tough pill to swallow, but there are advantages.

The E-5 makes the D7000 feel like a toy, it's better made, more durable, etc. You will know this the moment you have handled each of them. Zuiko lenses are great, and at the high end, they are cheaper than the Nikon counterparts (also smaller and lighter). So you sort of have to decide where and how you are planning to shoot, how much money you have to spend, and go from there. Wish there was more we could tell you, but there isn't really much more to be said.
                  ~Reggie

Nikon D3s | D500 | Nikkor 300mm f/4 PF | Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 | 70-200 f/2.8 G2 | Sigma 50 f/1.4 Art | 500mm f/4 Sport

Panasonic GX8 | GF3 | 20 f/1.7 II | 12-35 f/2.8

Comment

And I will just reinforce ReggieB's comment about the lenses & the also the quality of the E5 body (ruggedness etc demands a higher price). If you add up the total cost of what you want with suitable lenses, then things might look a little different. At the moment you are using kit lenses which are good & the 70-300 lens also being very versatile but if you were using the next level lenses, you would definately benefit from the E5. You would still find it a fantastic upgrade with the lenses you have with the body outdoing those lenses (then you might be wanting to spend more on lenses) with higher ISO capability & a stack more features, but it all depends on what you want in a camera outfit.
                    Ross
                    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                    Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

It seems Oly has decided to abandon the entry level DSLR market, read, http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...-dslr-is-dead/

Robert

Comment

Robert, you quoted a report published last October about an interview that occurred last summer or so. That was a very long time in camera generations and design, even for Oly. And quoted was, "We do not have concrete plans to replace the E-620 and other recent SLRs.” That is classic corporate evasiveness. It certainly does not mean they are not going to do something. Now as it happens there is much more recent news, as reported in many places, including this forum. It really looks like the E-XXX line is dead, but maybe not so much the E-XX line and even less the E-X line. But being a good corporation, none of anything that has been said is final.
                        Steve

Comment

lol... Don't you love how that article was titled, "Olympus: The DSLR is Dead", yet within the article they clearly state that Terada says Olympus will continue to support the higher-end SLR market.

And I wonder how these rumors start.... *headsmack*
                          Olympus E-3 | Olympus E-PL2 PEN | Olympus E-PM1 PEN | Zuiko ED 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 SWD | Zuiko 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 | Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8 | Konica Hexanon 50mm f/1.4 | Konica Hexanon 85mm f/1.8 | G.Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 | Zuiko 35mm f/3.5 Macro | Zuiko 25mm f/2.8 | KMZ Jupiter-3 50mm f/1.5 | E.Zuiko 200mm f/4 | Zuiko 75-150mm f/4 | Olympus EC-14 teleconverter | VF-2 and VF-3 Viewfinders | EMA-1 Mic Adapter | Olympus FL-36R and FL-50R speedlights

cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Notice too that I was referring to "entry level" DSLRs, and I quote from the article,
                            Olympus SLR boss Toshiyuki Terada has said that the company will make no more entry-level SLRs. Speaking in an interview, Terada said that “We do not have concrete plans to replace the E-620 and other recent SLRs.”

But don’t worry, Olympus isn’t about to dump the SLR category altogether – yet. While Terada says that “the entry level SLR class can be completely replaced by the Pen system in terms of performance,” the company will continue to support the higher-end SLR market for the immediate future.
                            Currently it seems as if the E-5 is the only DSLR being marketed by OLY. I personally, and I mean personally, do not like compact cameras with small sensors, I think Oly is really missing the boat by betting all the chips on the PEN series, sorry.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobBnTX View Post
                              Notice too that I was referring to "entry level" DSLRs, and I quote from the article,

Currently it seems as if the E-5 is the only DSLR being marketed by OLY. I personally, and I mean personally, do not like compact cameras with small sensors, I think Oly is really missing the boat by betting all the chips on the PEN series, sorry.

Robert
                              First... the E-5 has the same sensor size as all the PENs.
                              Second... The E-5 is the only DSLR in full production, but is far from the only DSLR being marketed by Olympus. The E-30 and E-620 get just as much mention and exposure as the E-5.
                              Third... if you don't like small cameras then why are you worried about Olympus dropping small, entry-level DSLRs like the E-620? The whole point of those cameras was the miniaturization of DSLRs. Olympus sees that those using DSLRs are those who want a substantial body in their hands, thus their support of pro bodies like the E-5.
                              Olympus E-3 | Olympus E-PL2 PEN | Olympus E-PM1 PEN | Zuiko ED 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 SWD | Zuiko 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 | Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8 | Konica Hexanon 50mm f/1.4 | Konica Hexanon 85mm f/1.8 | G.Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 | Zuiko 35mm f/3.5 Macro | Zuiko 25mm f/2.8 | KMZ Jupiter-3 50mm f/1.5 | E.Zuiko 200mm f/4 | Zuiko 75-150mm f/4 | Olympus EC-14 teleconverter | VF-2 and VF-3 Viewfinders | EMA-1 Mic Adapter | Olympus FL-36R and FL-50R speedlights

cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X