Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stylus 1 to get 1s firmware (on the 15th Jan)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stylus 1 to get 1s firmware (on the 15th Jan)

I don't why I am browsing the Olympus site on New Years Day, but I did & this is the note given for a coming Stylus 1 firmware update.

* We are planning to release the firmware update service version 2.0 on January 15, 2015. Firmware version 2.0 includes functions equivalent to STYLUS 1s
    See here for Stylus 1s specs & details. http://www.dpreview.com/articles/357...-in-japan-only
    To quote the above with some of the additional & very welcome updated firmware features.
    The Olympus Stylus 1s offers mainly software updates, while using almost all of the Stylus 1's existing hardware. Users can now enjoy step zoom with 9 steps, as well as an indication of equivalent focal length of the lens, instead of the magnification amount. Photographers can also now take advantage of an additional autofocus mode for the Stylus 1s, denoted as 'small target', along with the addition of interval shooting'.

Those who rely on manual focus will also welcome the ability to control focus via an enlarged display and new peaking mode.
    And if you're fluent in reading Japanese. http://www.olympus.co.jp/jp/news/201...9stylus1sj.jsp

EDIT: I think all the E-M5 owners that have been begging for Focus Peaking are going to be somewhat miffed since they are adding it to the Stylus 1 that uses the same processor.
    Last edited by Ross; 1st January 2015, 01:16 PM.
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Re: Stylus 1 to get 1s firmware (on the 15th Jan)

No comments from anybody?
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Working...
    X