Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G5 not capturing video

Hi, my first post.
    I was out with my G5 today, and the video button suddenly stopped working - no problem with stills, but no video button.
    On further investigation, it turned out to be the SD card -I put another card in and it worked fine, but if I put the original one back, same problem.
    But here's the thing; the card, a 32 GB Verbatim Class 10, had been happily taking video in the same camera, and in an AG-AF101, two days previously, and it still had a good 20 GB of spare space.
    So whilst I'm relieved it's not a problem with the camera itself, why should the card suddenly stop wanting to take video, but be OK for stills?
    I'm sure I can re-format the card and it will be fine, but I'm curious as how this could happen - I wouldn't want it to happen again when I was doing something important,
    Cheers
    Roger

Re: G5 not capturing video

Hi: Did you ever resolve this issue? I have a GH2 that has the same symptoms as your camera except reformating or changing the SD card did not help. I have also reset it to the factory settings to no avail.
    P.S. I realize this is an old thread but so are my camera and I.

Originally posted by TheLoneRoger View Post
    Hi, my first post.
    I was out with my G5 today, and the video button suddenly stopped working - no problem with stills, but no video button.
    On further investigation, it turned out to be the SD card -I put another card in and it worked fine, but if I put the original one back, same problem.
    But here's the thing; the card, a 32 GB Verbatim Class 10, had been happily taking video in the same camera, and in an AG-AF101, two days previously, and it still had a good 20 GB of spare space.
    So whilst I'm relieved it's not a problem with the camera itself, why should the card suddenly stop wanting to take video, but be OK for stills?
    I'm sure I can re-format the card and it will be fine, but I'm curious as how this could happen - I wouldn't want it to happen again when I was doing something important,
    Cheers
    Roger

Comment

Working...
    X