Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of interesting Lumix G1 samples for you

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: A couple of interesting Lumix G1 samples for you

    Originally posted by Iloca View Post
    The images are fine but say very little, it's dark low light shots that'll indicate how good the performance is. High ISO performance is one thing Low light is a very different kettle of fish.
    Well, I can see the full resolution JPEGs here and they are definitely cleaner in the dark areas than before - it's a big step forward, believe me. And these are from JPEGs - the RAW files, which I can't yet open, promise even more.

    Ian
    Founder/editor
    Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
    Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
    Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
    Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: A couple of interesting Lumix G1 samples for you

      Originally posted by dazedgonebye View Post
      Very encouraging shots.
      Now if Oly can come out with a body more to my liking and maybe another prime or two...I'll be sold.
      Even without Oly, I may end up with m4/3.
      A mock up of a new E-System body inbetween the E-3 and E-520 was shown to journalists just a short while ago. A story with pictures, like this one, will be up on this site and DPNow.com shortly:


      Ian
      Founder/editor
      Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
      Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
      Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
      Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: A couple of interesting Lumix G1 samples for you

        Originally posted by Ian View Post
        Well, I can see the full resolution JPEGs here and they are definitely cleaner in the dark areas than before - it's a big step forward, believe me. And these are from JPEGs - the RAW files, which I can't yet open, promise even more.

        Ian
        Well thats good news, it's simply that I recall seeing high ISO shots from the E-3 at launch and they looked very good indeed, it was only when shots were taken in much lower ligh that the problems appeared.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: A couple of interesting Lumix G1 samples for you

          Hi Ian,
          One of things that would be fun to know is how a ISO3200 image prints out or what noise shows up in a print. Do you thing some of those folk at the Epson, HP or Canon printer stands would be willing to show you how good their printers do using one of the G1 images? You can't share large files, but your comments on a print (out of the camera) would be valuable.
          Bob

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: A couple of interesting Lumix G1 samples for you

            Originally posted by Bob Ross View Post
            Hi Ian,
            One of things that would be fun to know is how a ISO3200 image prints out or what noise shows up in a print. Do you thing some of those folk at the Epson, HP or Canon printer stands would be willing to show you how good their printers do using one of the G1 images? You can't share large files, but your comments on a print (out of the camera) would be valuable.
            Bob
            Hi Bob, am on my way home now - though my flight got canceled last night

            I will definitely do some high ISO prints when I get home, assuming the train doesn't suffer gremlins too!

            Ian
            Founder/editor
            Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
            Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
            Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
            Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)
            Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
            Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: A couple of interesting Lumix G1 samples for you

              Hi Ian -


              You will have to let the brain settle after assimilating so much information.
              (Where's the pix :\ )


              Thanks to you and the team for keeping us so well informed.


              Regards. Barr1e
              Last edited by Barr1e; 26th September 2008, 08:22 AM. Reason: corrected

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: A couple of interesting Lumix G1 samples for you

                Originally posted by Ian View Post
                Hi Bob, am on my way home now - though my flight got canceled last night

                I will definitely do some high ISO prints when I get home, assuming the train doesn't suffer gremlins too!

                Ian
                Well, I'm now 500-odd poorer after the UK air traffic control failure on Thursday evening. Had to book a train (Thalys and Eurostar) and an extra night's hotel for me and my colleague

                But am home now

                Ian
                Founder/editor
                Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)
                Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: A couple of interesting Lumix G1 samples for you

                  Originally posted by Ian View Post
                  Well, I'm now 500-odd poorer after the UK air traffic control failure on Thursday evening. Had to book a train (Thalys and Eurostar) and an extra night's hotel for me and my colleague

                  But am home now

                  Ian
                  Glad you made it home Ian, I was routing for you
                  Bob

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X