Macro Lens focusing distance Query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macro Lens focusing distance Query

I have just purchased (a week ago) a Panasonic G7 camera as I have had a G1 camera for a few years and have been very pleased with results from it. I also purchased a Panasonic/Leica 45mm 2,8 Macro lens with it as I want to do some real close up work. My query is:- *Where does one measure the closeest focusing distance from Subject to camera back OR Subject to centre of Lens ?
    The lens has printed on it as minimum focusing distance 0.15m.

Re: Macro Lens focusing distance Query

Originally posted by DennisP View Post
    I have just purchased (a week ago) a Panasonic G7 camera as I have had a G1 camera for a few years and have been very pleased with results from it. I also purchased a Panasonic/Leica 45mm 2,8 Macro lens with it as I want to do some real close up work. My query is:- *Where does one measure the closeest focusing distance from Subject to camera back OR Subject to centre of Lens ?
    The lens has printed on it as minimum focusing distance 0.15m.
    That minimum focussing distance of 150mm is from the sensor. Minimum working distance is from the front of the lens & can be quoted in specification lists.
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Many thanks Ross for that information. I have since found out that there is an icon like a plimsoll line on the top of the camera which indicates the position of the sensor.

Comment

Closest focusing distance is additionally listed in catalogues mutually of the key specifications of a lens. it's AN indicator of however shut you'll get to a theme whereas taking an image.these lenses will reproduce little objects at up to zero.5x life size on a camera’s imaging device.
        I am not much aware of this.I too searching for more updates in it.
        I am a writer now...currently helping students who comes with the need of write my essay

Comment

Working...
        X