Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zuiko 12-60 focus problem

Hi,

I've own a 2nd-hand 12-60mm lens for quite a few years but it's never auto-focussed until I have zoom in significantly. As my old E410 was so battered after years of backpacking I assumed it was the camera at fault.

Last week I got a 2nd-hand E620 which seems to be in good condition.

The 12-60mm is still not auto-focussing without zooming in. I can see details through the viewfinder - focus won't engage from f2.8 - 3.5. At some point around f3.5 the auto-focus kicks in and the photo takes fine.

I don't think the problem relates to the batch of faulty lenses with certain serial numbers as the paperwork shows my lens number falls outside those identified.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Zuiko 12-60 focus problem

It needs repairs. I had the same with a 9-18mm, it would only focus at 9mm. Rob

Comment

Re: Zuiko 12-60 focus problem

Since you've tried it with two different cameras, it definitely sounds like a problem with the lens. I don't know of any other test or repair that you can do yourself, so it unfortunately means a trip to the repair shop.

- Hal -
      A Still Mind - Photography, Music, Meditation, Ministry - www.astillmind.net
      Olympus E-M5; Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 25mm; Zuiko 12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD; Sigma 105 Macro; Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm fisheye; Olympus 8/1.8 PRO fisheye; FL-50R; Giottos MT-8361 tripod with Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead.

Comment

Working...
      X