Tamron SP lenses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamron SP lenses

I've just acquired a few more of these great lenses via ebay: 90 2.5 Macro, 60-300, 200-500 and a 300 2.8 (60B) and being Adaptall II mounts, it mattered little for which camera they were originally intended, though as I still use Contax gear they were C/Y mounts. My only concern had always been that going through an Adaptall mount and then a 4/3 adapter, there could sometimes be a tiny bit of play when focusing or zooming.

No longer an issue - I didn't know that you could buy a Tamron (Adaptall II)-4/3rds adapter until one of my ebay purchases came with one attached. Now, using Tamron SP lenses is so easy, and so secure. Happy bunny and now that I have a secure mount, I'm going to try for their 80-200 f2.8!

Re: Tamron SP lenses

I had several of these lenses when I used 4/3 and was generallyvery pleased with them. They are well built and good optically. SP 90 macro was the star.

Comment

Originally posted by mike_j View Post
      I had several of these lenses when I used 4/3 and was generallyvery pleased with them. They are well built and good optically. SP 90 macro was the star.
      Yes - couldn't agree more. I've always loved the little Yashica 55 2.8 Macro with my E-3 but I have in effect a 180 2.5 1:1 with the Tamron 90mm, giving lots of distance from the object. Mind you, bung on the 01F and you have a 360mm f5.6 2:1 macro - unusual to say the least.

I've noticed the 90mm 2.5 price is going north again - especially when combined with either the dedicated extension tube or the 01F.

Comment

I too have quite a few of these and use them on several formats. Current fav' is the 180/2.5. I've had my eye out for an 80-200 for quite a while but without any luck so far - at the right price that is...

Comment

Did have the sp 90/2.5,then the 18f (1:1 with the sp 90,then get the combo set 01f, 2x teleconverter... With E3 w/o grip still handling well, with epl2 using half case did good handling... One masterpiece from tamron
          Owning a DSLR does not make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR owner -Anonymous
          E-3|E-PL2|E-M5|NX-300
          Pana Leica D Summilux 25
          Zuiko Digital : 14-54 MK II|ZD 50-200 MK I
          Zuiko OM : OM 50/1.4|OM 50/1.8
          Tamron : SP 90/f2.5|Tamron 18F|01F
          Metz 44-AF1|EVF-2|MMF-2|Mal-1
          NX : 18-55 MK III|SEF-A8
          Mono-TriPod|Slingshot 200AW|Compuday 150|Pro Runner 350|Passport Sling|Toploader 55

Ebay : declan_79

Comment

I've been enjoying more of these beauties with both my E-3 and E-PL3/E-P2. I finally managed to get hold of the 70-150 Soft Focus (51A) which is a fabulous lens but the one that has genuinely surprised me is the 54B 300 f5.6 - it's wonderfully sharp and the macro has to be seen to be believed. It is only when using the macro that you get to appreciate why the construction of the elements is so complex. A real stunner and now I hardly bother with my old 60B, despite the extra speed.

The only minor disappointment was the 80-200 f2.8 which, though quite a nice performer, especially for outdoor portraits if my 51A is not handy, was not quite as good as the Tokina AT-X version. Truth be told, if I'd not bought the Tokina, I'd still be happy with the Tamron!

Comment

It not an SP model but I've owned the Tamron 135mm f/2.5 for over three decades and find it as good as my SP models.
              It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

The Grumpy Snapper blog or follow me on Instagram.

Comment

I've not tried the 135 2.5 - based on your comment, I'll have to give it a go.

Comment

Working...
                X