Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made the Jump!!..but just a little more help please:O)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made the Jump!!..but just a little more help please:O)

Hi again all,
    Well made the jump and purchased a OM Zuiko 50mm f1.8 auto-s(made in japan on front of lens) cant wait for that to turn up
    Just a touch more advice though if poss...I really need to know some of the best legacy lenses at good prices under 100 that are avalable...would really help,i am looking at the 135mm as well but not sure which is best version??
    many thanks

Re: Made the Jump!!..but just a little more help please)

I have both the 2.8 and 3.5 versions and I find the 2.8 noticeably sharper, although this might be peculiar to my samples. General opinion I've read over the years seems to suggest the 3.5 is just as good as the 2.8. In terms of size and weight they are very similar, the 2.8 having a slightly larger diameter as you'd expect.
    Regards
    Richard

Comment

An alternative to the OM primes is the Tamron 135mm f/2.5. A third of a stop faster and with shorter close focus.

Some of my favourite legacy glass includes the OM 24mm f/2.8, Vivitar 35mm f/1.9 and Tamron 90mm f/2.5 macro.
      It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

The Grumpy Snapper blog or follow me on Instagram.

Comment

Have you considered the Minolta MD Rokker lenses? I use a few on my GH2 (28mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 135mm 2.8), they are superb fast primes and quite well priced on ebay.
        Rob

Comment

Thank you chaps...i will be doing some serious homework on all of those lenses...much appreciated
          Regards
          Rusty

Comment

I wish I'd kept one of the 600mm f/5.6 lenses I owned in the past, one would be fun to play with on 4/3.

The two OM 50mm macros make nice short telephoto macros although the f/2 version will be out of your price range. I'm currently testing my Tamron 17mm f/3.5 to see if it makes a nice walk around lens. And I still haven't decided if I prefer my 24mm or 28mm OM lenses as my 'standard' lens.
            It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

The Grumpy Snapper blog or follow me on Instagram.

Comment

Working...
            X