Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use the Samyang 14mm f/2.8?

Anyone use the Samyang 14mm f/2.8?

I'm seriously thinking about going retro and putting together a set of 3 manual focus primes, a wide angle, a standard and a telephoto like I used in the 70's.

I already have the Samyang 85mm for my telephoto and am waiting for the Samyang 24mm to start shipping so early adopters can test it for me. If the reviews are good that will be my standard so all I will need is a wide angle which is where the Samyang 14mm comes in.
    It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

The Grumpy Snapper blog or follow me on Instagram.

Re: Anyone use the Samyang 14mm f/2.8?

Well the Samyang 24mm is getting very mixed reviews so is anyone using the Samyang 35mm f/1.4?

Comment

I too am thinking of running the Samyang 14mm 14M-O f2.8 but don't know if it'll fit my GH1 w/o an adapter. Do you or anyone else know if it'll fit or should i not buy it?

Comment

You can fit it via an adapter, but using such enormous lens, constructed for FF, without possibilty (or with problems) to use filters, I would just go into good old Zuiko 14-54 or Panny 14/2.5 instead.
        Regards, Pavel.

E-1(x2) | ZD 14-45 | ZD 14-54 | ZD 40-150 Mk.1 | ZD 70-300 | FL-50 | Velbon Sherpa 750R
        M42(Pancolar 50/1.8, Pentacon 200/4)+ M42->4/3 reduction

Comment

Since I posted this Samyang have added 10mm, 12mm and 16mm lenses. I found the 8mm Samyang at a silly price so added that to my kit.

My three lens manual focus kit at the moment is a 17mm Tamron SP from the 90's, a 35mm f/1.9 Vivitar from the 70's and the Samyang 85mm f/1.4.

Comment

Working...
          X