X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four thirds lens adaptors

Anyone know where I can purchase four thirds to Leica M or Canon Eos lenses

Re: Four thirds lens adaptors

I don't think there is an M to Four Thirds adapter, only to micro four thirds. There are, however, R adapters around.
    ~Reggie

Nikon D3s | D500 | Nikkor 300mm f/4 PF | Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 | 70-200 f/2.8 G2 | Sigma 50 f/1.4 Art | 500mm f/4 Sport

Panasonic GX8 | GF3 | 20 f/1.7 II | 12-35 f/2.8

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieB View Post
      I don't think there is an M to Four Thirds adapter, only to micro four thirds. There are, however, R adapters around.
      Thanks for that, Ricard Taplin (dealers ) London have a Panasonic one but are asking 139 its a bit to much do you think?
      Cheers
      John.

Comment

Honestly, I have wondered that myself. I just don't know, to tell you the truth. I often contemplated getting the Leica Branded R to Four-thirds adapter, but it was very expensive. I knew that it would be well constructed, but was never able to justify the cost over eBay adapters. I just don't know how much "better," if any, they would be. Sorry.
        ~Reggie

Nikon D3s | D500 | Nikkor 300mm f/4 PF | Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 | 70-200 f/2.8 G2 | Sigma 50 f/1.4 Art | 500mm f/4 Sport

Panasonic GX8 | GF3 | 20 f/1.7 II | 12-35 f/2.8

Comment

As to the Canon adapters... there are lots of Canon FD to Four-Thirds adapters, but I don't think there's much for Canon EOS. Here's one that might work (to Micro Four-Thirds):
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350201470018

The problem with a digital EOS lens is that you would not be able to control aperture since it has no aperture ring. You would have to shoot it wide open, which is not a good aperture setting for a Canon EOS lens. It's better for that reason to stick with legacy lenses which have a manual aperture ring, if possible.

All Leica lenses have aperture rings though, whether they're new lenses for digital cameras or not.
          Olympus E-3 | Olympus E-PL2 PEN | Olympus E-PM1 PEN | Zuiko ED 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 SWD | Zuiko 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 | Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8 | Konica Hexanon 50mm f/1.4 | Konica Hexanon 85mm f/1.8 | G.Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 | Zuiko 35mm f/3.5 Macro | Zuiko 25mm f/2.8 | KMZ Jupiter-3 50mm f/1.5 | E.Zuiko 200mm f/4 | Zuiko 75-150mm f/4 | Olympus EC-14 teleconverter | VF-2 and VF-3 Viewfinders | EMA-1 Mic Adapter | Olympus FL-36R and FL-50R speedlights

cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

I have an R adaptor to MFT from JMfinance (ebay trader) and it is OK. I also have M and LTM (Leica thread mount) adaptors from the same source. The LFT is quite poor, not flat and too long so focuses well past infinity. In fact it was so bad I thought the lens was faulty, in the end I trued the adaptor up in a lath and it is now OK.

The M was OK but made of fairly soft materials and as it is used a lot I bought the voigtlander version. which is much better engineered.

So my opinin is that, for casual use, the Chinese adaptors are OK but for regular use and consistent quality the ones from the major manufacturers are worth the money.

All Leica fit lenses do have conventional aperture anf focus rings.

Comment

Originally posted by mike_j View Post
              I have an R adaptor to MFT from JMfinance (ebay trader) and it is OK. I also have M and LTM (Leica thread mount) adaptors from the same source. The LFT is quite poor, not flat and too long so focuses well past infinity. In fact it was so bad I thought the lens was faulty, in the end I trued the adaptor up in a lath and it is now OK.

The M was OK but made of fairly soft materials and as it is used a lot I bought the voigtlander version. which is much better engineered.

So my opinin is that, for casual use, the Chinese adaptors are OK but for regular use and consistent quality the ones from the major manufacturers are worth the money.

All Leica fit lenses do have conventional aperture anf focus rings.
              thanks for that

Comment

Working...
              X