Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

digilux kit lens on a newer high res 4/3rds body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digilux kit lens on a newer high res 4/3rds body?

i am, sadly, needing to have a higher pixel-rated camera. the digilux 3 still serves me well but i am not getting the sharpness i need for some work. i could go the way of convention and get a canon or nikon but what i'd REALLY prefer to do is find a newer 4/3rds body that i can put my digilux 3 kit lens on.

any advice? Oly? i need maybe 12+mp to do what i have to do. can you recommend a specific camera that is still available?
    thanks, dj

Re: digilux kit lens on a newer high res 4/3rds body?

Originally posted by hammermandan View Post

...I need maybe 12+mp to do what i have to do. can you recommend a specific camera that is still available?...
    The only current Olympus offerings with 12 MP are the E-30 and E-620. They might fit your bill and would almost certainly get more out of your glass.

It might help discussion if you could be a bit more specific on the type of work where you feel sharpness is lacking with your current kit.
    Regards,
    Stephen

My website: australisimages.com

EM-1, E-3, E-500 | ZD 12-40mm, 12-60mm, 50-200mm, 70-300mm, 60mm Macro, 35mm Macro, 20mm Pany | FL50R & Metz 48 AF-1 Flash | Manfrotto tripod & monopod, Gorillapod

Comment

Re: digilux kit lens on a newer high res 4/3rds body?

cheers. i am an art/studio/portrait photographer working mostly in studio however a bit of outdoor work. most of what i do happens within 5 metres from the camera with studio strobe (soft setups) and exploits full body work, that is head to toe. i need more definition in facial features, clothing and textured props, ie curtains, drapes, objects, etc. i'm mostly a straight shooter with very little photoshop manipulation however i do create a lot of textural overlays on top of straight shots (via a method we used in the 70s as photo lithography rather than in Layers and Photoshop...old school stubbornness). i am a full-time working professional videographer who started out as a studio portrait photographer-cum-artist 40 years ago, i exhibit in art galleries, etc, and work a lot in the figure (nudes). yes, i know, why not stick with film...?

so i am after a bit of a double whammy. i love my digilux3 kit lens and thought why not just get a body for it rather than starting with a fat ugly nikon or canon. which i might just have to go to. 10mp isn't a huge improvement on 7mp (dl3) which is why i thought i could squeeze out a better and crisper image with 12.

any thoughts on the E-3 for crispness and contrast in comparison to the DL3?

thanks, from oz...

Comment

Working...
      X