getting a TURN CAMERA OFF and then ON again message

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting a TURN CAMERA OFF and then ON again message

i love my digilux 3. i would also love a digilux 4 if it happened. but i have a problem that has just occurred in the last week. i bought my DL3 when it first came out and it has done a lot of miles. a lot. i mainly use it for Studo shooting with a HAMA studio strobe flash hotshoe adaptor on the top to trigger my studio lights. this detail aside, the camera is now, of the last week or so, telling me to turn the camera OFF then ON again. this is happenend more and more frequently and is making it a bit unpredictable.

anyone have this problem? and any fixes? re-instal the software? i'm getting nervous, i don't want this camera to die.

cheers,

dj

Re: getting a TURN CAMERA OFF and then ON again message

Hi hammermandan

I know it was a while ago, but I have just had the same message appear on my Digilux 3. I changed batteries and reinserted the sd card, without result. In the end my problem was cured by switching off and removing and refitting the lens, making absolutely certain that it turned fully into place. I'd definitely heard the click when I'd fitted it, but I felt an infinitessimal further amount of travel this time. I was fitting an Oly ZD 11-22 (not the standard Pan/Leica 14-50 and had had the body stored with a body cap on. I can only assume either, there is a tiny tolerance that made the contacts between this lens and body, not fully align, or an invisably tiny particle of plastic had detached from the cap, and got in the mount, preventing a full travel. Once cured, it stayed good.

Although this camera can be considered a bit behind the times, it's a joy to use, as you know and the standard lens is phenomenal.

Apologies if I'm too late and hope your Digilux is back in action.

Dave

Comment

Got the same message the other day on my Lumix L1. It's the camera/lens connection. Take off the lens and re-connect, and it goes away. You may want service to check your lens and/or camera mount when you have some down time, if you put a lot of miles on it.

Comment

thanks, all. what i had to do was 'reinstal the firmware. well, tried to. sonce i had installed the new firmware when it realy WAS new the DL3 wouldn't let me. but it some how acknowledged that i was trying...or so i think. anyway, after trying to reinstal the firmware all went back to normal and it has been good for the last several months, nearly a year ago. thanks all... dj

Comment

Working...
        X