|Feel like adding to the Knowledge Base? Your contribution is welcome - you can edit and create new article pages immediately|
Welcome to the Four Thirds User Knowledge Base Wiki
- See the most recent updates here on the wiki - now with 206 pages of FT and MFT knowledge, and over 100,000 article page views!
This wiki site aims to be THE knowledge base for all things Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds. Being a wiki you, the reader, can also be a contributor and editor. Just register an account and you can start editing existing pages and creating news ones. The FTU Wiki is a knowledge base for you built by you!
News update, 10th May, 2013: Olympus new Pen E-P5 flagship model revealed
(Above) Olympus' new Pen E-P5
Panasonic's new Lumix G6 (above)
The new Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 (above)
The Panasonic Lumix DMVC-GH3, one of the latest (Micro) Four Thirds cameras.
This part of the Four Thirds User website is accessed via the 'KNOWLEDGE' button on the site nav bar near the top of the page.
By using the navigation box on the left you can access the main subsections of the wiki at any time.
To help you get started, here is a list of key pages that you may be interested in reading:
- News - discover the most recent pages to be added to the Knowledge Base.
- Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds Cameras - a list, including basic specifications, of all Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds cameras, past and present. If you feel like contributing here, we need to create many camera-specific pages linked from this page.
- Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds Lenses - like our camera page, this is a list of Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds lenses. It's not yet complete - we know there are other lenses from more obscure manufacturers that need to be added.
- Manuals - need to find a manual for your lens, camera or accessory? This is the place to find it. Once again - we need to find more manuals to fill in some gaps - your contributions are most welcome!
- Tips & Tricks - the name is self-explanatory; but we need many more contributions.
- Legacy lens mount adapters - discover the world of legacy lenses that can be attached to your camera using the appropriate adapter.
- List all pages - there are already over a hundred pages to explore even at this early stage in the development of the new FT Knowledge Base Wiki. Use this link to discover them all.
The FTU Wiki is re-born!
Our first attempt at a wiki to create a public Four Thirds photography platform knowledge base foundered because the project didn't have enough support and we weren't experienced enough with wikis. Hopefully, we now have the experience and there is enough support to make a success of this new Four Thirds User Wiki!
What's a wiki?
A wiki is a repository of information that is accessible to all. But not just that, you can edit the information contained in the wiki to improve it and, of course, you can contribute to the knowledge base by adding your own article pages. Naturally, others may wish to edit your pages and add their own. It's a living resource that's only as good as its users.
We use MediaWiki, which is directly related to the platform used to build and maintain Wikipedia. For more information about MediaWiki, visit the official MediaWiki website.