Advertisements

Go Back   Four Thirds User discussion forum > FTU Noticeboard > FTU site news

FTU site news Announcements concerning the FTU forum, gallery and the rest of this site in general.

Old 2nd October 2007
admin

Liked 123 Times in 61 Posts
Exclamation Changes to the FTU gallery

We've upgraded to the latest version of the gallery software we use here on FTU and it has surprised us with some fairly major changes to the user interface. I'm not 100% sure they are all changes for the better, but we're stuck with them for now.

I've created some video clips to help you to familiarise yourselves with the most important changes: displaying an image's exif data, if present, and finding the UBBCode to display your pictures in the forum.

Showing EXIF data

Firstly, the exif data. You used to click on the words 'exif data', but that has been replaced by a camera icon. Click here for a video clip showing you what to do.

Posting your gallery photos in forum messages

Before, you copied the UBBCode for your image from the page where it was displayed in the gallery and pasted that in to your forum message - and you still do that now, except that the necessary code is hidden by default. The code that is shown by default only shows a smaller thumbnail image. Here is what you do to find the larger image display code. Even better, the code links your picture to your gallery, so people can discover all your other pictures.

MyPics

Finally, MyPics - which remains unchanged and is probably the easiest way to find one of your pictures and paste its code into a forum message. In messaged edit mode, either responding to an existing post or starting a new thread, make sure you are in the 'Advanced' edit mode, with the button bar on the top and smileys on the right. Under the smileys you will see the words My Pics and 'Open' in brackets. You click on that to display a pop-up window containing thumbnails of your gallery images. Here's the video!

If you have any questions post them here or PM me and I'll do what I can to help!

Ian
Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Old 28th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Changes to the FTU gallery

I don't seem to be able to post comments re other member's images in the galleries. Can you help?

Many thanks,

Rob
Old 28th January 2008
Ageing by the day

Liked 564 Times in 259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photocracy View Post
I don't seem to be able to post comments re other member's images in the galleries. Can you help?

Many thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob -

I have just added some comments to another's image without problem, perhaps if you tried again you may be more successful.

Try again and if the problem persists come back and give a little more detail please.

Regards. Barr1e
Old 28th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barr1e View Post
Hi Rob -

I have just added some comments to another's image without problem, perhaps if you tried again you may be more successful.

Try again and if the problem persists come back and give a little more detail please.

Regards. Barr1e
Thanks for your help Barr1e; it is working now.

Regards