Advertisements

Go Back   Four Thirds User discussion forum > FTU Noticeboard > FTU site news

FTU site news Announcements concerning the FTU forum, gallery and the rest of this site in general.

Old 9th September 2008
Veteran

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another studio opportunity

Hi All,
I posted this on the E system site earlier today and thought people here might be interested.
A few days ago John posted a suggestion re a model shoot. Not wishing to tread on toes or clash I put on hold a similar idea I had had, however after some thought I realised that because of distance and possible different programmes for the day that there may well be room for two such days.
My proposal would be to hire a studio and tuition for a day based around separate sessions for glamour/portrait/fashion and still life. People could come along for all or part of the day depending on interest, cost and availablility. I am in contact with a studio in Rayleigh, Essex, which would probably cater for a different group of people to John's in South Wales. There would be a limit on numbers so it would be first come first served for each session.
If you would be interested please PM me or respond here. If this causes any concern because of John's idea please let me know and I would be happy to amend the day or cancel it - I have no wish to cause dischord on the forum.
Thanks
Shirley
Old 9th September 2008
Administrator

Liked 115 Times in 83 Posts
Re: Another studio opportunity

I'm sure it won't be a problem, precisely because of the distances involved. These two events will appeal to entirely different catchment areas.

Shirley, thanks for taking the initiative on this; please put me on the list, I'd love to come subject to being available on the date. I'd be interested in every session if possible, to make a full day of it.

Cheers,

John

John
Old 9th September 2008

Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts

I'm very interested in this and if Shirley can get this set up with the studio that I attended then I highly recommend it. The tuition sessions are excellent

Keep smiling, it gets folk wondering what you've been up to
Old 10th September 2008
Administrator

Just made this thread sticky and thought I'd boost it back up the list.

Come on, this is a wonderful opportunity to impove your studio skills, or to experience this type of photography for the first time!

John

John
Old 11th September 2008
Veteran

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fantastic studio opportunity

Hi everyone,
I have now got a few more details regarding a possible studio shoot, although I am still awaiting proposed dates.

The current proposal would be for there to be 3 two hour sessions at a studio in Rayleigh, Essex.

1. Fashion and portrait
2. Glamour and fine art nude
3. Still life.
The structure of the day can be amended as we wish.

The full day would be 105 to include 2 different models, tuition, lunch, props and studio hire.
If you wish to come for one or two sessions it would cost 35 per session which would include studio hire, tuition and models or props as appropriate. These charges assume 6 people per session, should there be fewer we would have to reassess as the cost would increase.

Given these costs it would be useful to know who is interested in this opportunity. Please PM me ASAP with any questions and expressions of interest letting me know which session/sessions you would be interested in. As soon as I know dates I will need a firm commitment.

Thank you
Shirley

Last edited by shirley; 11th September 2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11th September 2008
Veteran

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Everybody,
Just to let people know that I already have 5 of us wanting to do the full day, depending on dates. The day and costing is based around 6 people, although we may be able to persuade them to take an extra one or two, but if you are interested please let me know ASAP. If there are more people than the studio can take in one go I will set up a waiting list and it might be possible to organise another event.
Thank you
Shirley
Old 13th September 2008
Veteran

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi All,
I am in the middle of trying to organise a Saturday in October/November. I have PMd all those who showed an initial interest - please check your inbox- and am awaiting a response re a day that suits most.
It looks as though there will be at least one place still available for the full day which will cost 105 to include studio hire, models, tuition, props and lunch. The day will probably run from 10 -5 ish. The usual cost for a similar full day at the studio is 120 so they are giving us a discount.
If you are interested PM me or leave a message here listing the Saturdays you would be available in October/November.
Thank you
Shirley
Old 17th September 2008
Veteran

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FINAL DETAILS OF STUDIO DAY
I have managed to set up a Four Thirds studio day and there is one, may be two places still available. This is a good opportunitity if you want to develop your people/still life photography.
The studio is in Rayleigh, Essex and the day will take place on 29th November. The day will run from approx 10.00-5.00 and will provide opportunities for portrait, glamour, fashion, fine art nude and still life photographs. The cost, which includes hire of studio, models, props, tuition and lunch, is 105. I would require 25 deposit with balance paid in cash on the day. If you are interested please PM me with your email address so we can exchange further details, it will be first come, first served.
Old 17th September 2008
Administrator

If you need convincing of the value of this day, click this link:-

http://www.kaz-studio.co.uk/index.html

I'm first on the list, see you there!

John
Old 22nd September 2008
Veteran

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just to let everybody know that we have filled the places for this day, however I will be creating a waiting list if anybody else is interested.
Just PM me if you would like to be added to the list.
Thank you
Shirley