Advertisements

Go Back   Four Thirds User discussion forum > The Picture Show! > Four Thirds User Salon

Four Thirds User Salon A fortnightly photography contest where the winner becomes the curator and sets the next challenge.

Old 17th January 2016
Veteran

Liked 31 Times in 25 Posts
Re: 190th FTU Salon - Power

Wilhelm (17th January 2016)
Old 17th January 2016

Liked 40 Times in 30 Posts

Flower Power

Gillian
Old 18th January 2016

Liked 66 Times in 39 Posts

Human vs God's Power

Old 29th January 2016
Animal Portraitist

Liked 99 Times in 71 Posts

Steam power.

- Hal -
Olympus E-M5; Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 25mm; Zuiko 12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD; Sigma 105 Macro; Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm fisheye; Olympus 8/1.8 PRO fisheye; FL-50R; Giottos MT-8361 tripod with Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead.
Old 1st February 2016
Administrator

Liked 115 Times in 83 Posts

Thanks for a great selection! I will be judging later today.

John
Old 1st February 2016
Administrator

Liked 115 Times in 83 Posts

Not a huge amount of entries but more than enough in terms of quality to give me a dilemma when judging and I enjoyed seeing them all. Here are the results:

3rd Bitrix - There is some serious photoshopping going on here, but the result very much suits the subject and emphasises the enormous power of the mechanical digger.

2nd Barrie - I'm glad you settled for this picture rather than the steam train, because it fits the theme so well but from a refreshing angle. You would not normally associate a child with the theme of power, yet in this delightful shot there is no doubting the power and determination of your young grandson who is clearly on a mission.

1st Kurt - I love the mystical atmosphere as the tiny figure in red appears to be summoning the raw, awesome power of Nature. A fantastic photograph and a wonderful interpretation of the theme!

I was disappointed not to be able to find a place in the top three for several other entries, which were perfectly good interpretations of the theme and composed and processed to a very high standard.

Anyway, it's over to you, Kurt for the next Salon. Once you have posted it I will edit the rules to reflect the recent decision to allow two entries per member in the competition.

John
Old 2nd February 2016
Ageing by the day

Liked 557 Times in 255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Perriment View Post
Not a huge amount of entries but more than enough in terms of quality to give me a dilemma when judging and I enjoyed seeing them all. Here are the results:

3rd Bitrix - There is some serious photoshopping going on here, but the result very much suits the subject and emphasises the enormous power of the mechanical digger.

2nd Barrie - I'm glad you settled for this picture rather than the steam train, because it fits the theme so well but from a refreshing angle. You would not normally associate a child with the theme of power, yet in this delightful shot there is no doubting the power and determination of your young grandson who is clearly on a mission.

1st Kurt - I love the mystical atmosphere as the tiny figure in red appears to be summoning the raw, awesome power of Nature. A fantastic photograph and a wonderful interpretation of the theme!

I was disappointed not to be able to find a place in the top three for several other entries, which were perfectly good interpretations of the theme and composed and processed to a very high standard.

Anyway, it's over to you, Kurt for the next Salon. Once you have posted it I will edit the rules to reflect the recent decision to allow two entries per member in the competition.
Hi John -

Thanks for running the challenge and I'm most pleased you considered my entry.

Congratulations to Bitrix.

Congratulations Kurt - a great entry and a worthy winner of the Salon.

Regards. Barr1e
Old 2nd February 2016

Liked 70 Times in 48 Posts

Wow, thanks very much. I think there are some particularly fine entries. I will sleep on it and come up with a new subject tomorrow for the first Salon under the new rules. Just checking my bus timetable
The Following User Says to Kurt they like this post:
John Perriment (3rd February 2016)