The 202nd FTU Salon is Flowers. Always a favourite when out and about with a camera as they are colourful, shapely and don't usually run away from you as a Jaguar might if you ever spotted one. I will accept a Jaguar shot as well and if you post one I'll know you've at least read down this far.
Everyone has some photos of flowers or can easily step outside and find some to shoot, but if you're presently on assignment in the Antarctic and you have to miss this salon I will accept a photo of a reasonable hand drawn facsimile (or a Penguin photo, that would be good as well).
This salon will end midnight on 25 Aug, 2 weeks should be plenty to get your photos posted.
Here's what you do:
1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter it.
2. Upload your entry to your FTU user gallery (all entries must be present in an FTU gallery, which you automatically get if you are registered on the FTU forum), so if you aren't registered, you will need to if you would like to join the fun!)
3. Use the gallery IMG code or the 'Post New Thread' Advanced Mode 'My Pics' facility to display your picture in a response to this message. If you are having trouble with this, post a message for some help here and we'll gladly assist. It become easy after a while!
4. Only two entries per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that's OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you intend doing.
5. The decision of the curator at the end of the two weeks is final - don't give him or her a hard time about it; this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!
6. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator and, as soon as possible, post a message starting a new thread in the FTU Salon board, with details of the new theme. That opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.
7. The curator can't enter his or her own salon!
Have fun and here is an example of a flower if you have been in a space warp bubble and never seen one. Bonus points if you can identify the flower with an actual name and not just "pretty flower" or "red flower", etc.