Advertisements

Go Back   Four Thirds User discussion forum > Equipment > Motion pictures (Video)

Motion pictures (Video) The FTU forum board dedicated to video topics.

Old 1st June 2015

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Video clip grid sheet

Hey Video Guys - I would like to offer up a tool I developed some years ago (and just recently updated) which creates a grid comprised of frames from a video clip, and is useful for indexing and searching your clips for content. It is a bit unique in that it also copies the metadata from the video clip to the created jpeg photo(grid). It is very fast, and processes an entire of folder of clips at one time. I am a former Canon rep (though now shoot Olympus 4/3 mostly), and work in programming and IT. I made the tool "MovieGrid" (a gui for "movie thumbnailer") for my own use, but everyone I know who shoots video and has used MovieGrid tells me it is very useful, and very easy to use. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, or if something doesn't seem to work right with your clips. If it works for you, let me know, and I'd be happy to furnish you a free non-trial version.
Mike

Since I am new to the forum I can't post a download link, but just Google "GPStamper" and then click the "Toolbox" link at the bottom right of the home page. There are a few other free photo tools in the Toolbox which Windows users may find handy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael For This Useful Post:
hschnee (1st June 2015), John Perriment (1st June 2015)