Advertisements

Go Back   Four Thirds User discussion forum > Off-topic time > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need and flag things you are on the hunt for. Plug your eBay auctions here. Personal, non-commercial, use only.

Old 29th June 2013
Kiwi

Liked 38 Times in 16 Posts
Re: Forum Sales - Buyer Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
All online transactions carry an element of risk, not just between members of fora such as this. I recently sent a large amount of money to an apparently reputable supplier in Germany which has simply failed to provide the goods and is currently refusing my requests for a refund. I certainly hope PayPal will provide some relief in this case.
Is this the ongoing saga of the OMD?
Whar a pita if it is!

Paul

RX100

View my online albums Picasa and
Flickr
Old 29th June 2013
Ageing by the day

Liked 564 Times in 259 Posts

Hi Bear -

How frustrating. I'm sure PayPal will deal with the matter.
The supplier must realise this and could cost them a black mark!

Regards. Barr1e
Old 29th June 2013
Veteran

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post

Yep the OM-D saga, for my m4/3rds kit I now have a Panasonic 20mm f1.7, an Olympus 45mm f1.8, an Olympus 40-150mm f4-5.6, an HLD6 grip, two spare batteries and an adaptor so I can mount all my Nikon lenses, the problem is I have nothing to use all this stuff with because I have no OM-D. Anyone care to loan me one?

As Barr1e says, I am sure PayPal will sort it all out but they are not quick and, in the meantime the funds to buy a replacement body are stuck in Germany. I bought from an Olympus authorised reseller too !
Old 9th July 2013
Aussie

Liked 334 Times in 156 Posts

I'm really sorry to hear of these troubles you're having, but I hope it's solved & you get an OM-D soon. Very frustrating, I'm sure (bl**dy aggravating too).
Lenses: M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, ZD12-60 SWD, ZD50-200 SWD, EC14, EC20, EX25, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Old 9th July 2013
Administrator

Liked 115 Times in 83 Posts

It's unbelievable, you'd think that buying from an Olympus authorized reseller would be safe. Have you reported the matter to Olympus?

John
Old 9th July 2013
Veteran

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post

The latest report is that the supplier refuses to refund my money and says I must wait 2-3 months longer until its investigations are complete. eBay/PayPal promised a response yesterday but I have yet to receive it and I have had no response to an email chasing their decision on my case. I have sent an email to Olympus but it is very difficult to get to email anyone directly in large corporations. I could only find a generic "contact us" form for Olympus Germany. I haven't had a reply to that yet either. I am frustrated and irritated in equal measure.

As John says, I bought from an authorised Olympus reseller and expected better. I am out the best part of a €1000 at the moment and don't really know what to do next.

I have a good friend in Hamburg who owns a large company with a team of in-house lawyers. He has offered me their services. I am reluctant to resort to legal procedings because, in my experience, they can cause more delays than they resolve but if I don't get a response from eBay/PayPal this week I feel I have no choice.