Advertisements


Go Back   Four Thirds User discussion forum > Equipment > Olympus E-System Four Thirds DSLRs plus Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds compact system cameras > OM-D E-M1

OM-D E-M1 The new flagship Olympus Micro Four Thirds camera that let's you use Four Thirds DSLR lenses without compromise.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11th September 2013
mhobart mhobart is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 394
Thanks: 143
Thanked 84 Times in 55 Posts
Likes: 63
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
OM-D EM-1 manual available for download

Olympus has made the OM-D EM-1 manual available for download at the Olympus global site. I checked and it is also available at the OlympusAmerica site.

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...l/pen.cfm#body
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mhobart For This Useful Post:
John King (12th September 2013), Snibbo (12th September 2013)
  #2  
Old 11th September 2013
Ross's Avatar
Ross Ross is offline
Aussie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Blue Mtns, N.S.W. Australia
Posts: 2,354
Thanks: 286
Thanked 199 Times in 164 Posts
Likes: 246
Liked 334 Times in 156 Posts
Re: OM-D EM-1 manual available for download

Yes, I've got mine printed & bound now. A nice thick manual!
__________________
Ross
I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, ZD12-60 SWD, ZD50-200 SWD, EC14, EC20, EX25, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11th September 2013
Hans Hans is offline
Mandolinmaker
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minneapolis, Mn.
Posts: 351
Thanks: 49
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Likes: 0
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Re: OM-D EM-1 manual available for download

Now we will see what focus peaking really is...well, maybe not.
Can't really find anything substantial about it...Figures.
Guess you get what is "important"...Uh, yea.......HAH!
Still looking for yellow.

Last edited by Hans; 12th September 2013 at 12:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11th September 2013
mhobart mhobart is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 394
Thanks: 143
Thanked 84 Times in 55 Posts
Likes: 63
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Re: OM-D EM-1 manual available for download

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Yes, I've got mine printed & bound now. A nice thick manual!
I'll get my printed version when I buy the camera.

I usually find the PDF versions most convenient as I don't have to rummage around and mutter "... now where did I put that blasted manual..." - LOL
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12th September 2013
Ross's Avatar
Ross Ross is offline
Aussie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Blue Mtns, N.S.W. Australia
Posts: 2,354
Thanks: 286
Thanked 199 Times in 164 Posts
Likes: 246
Liked 334 Times in 156 Posts
Re: OM-D EM-1 manual available for download

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhobart View Post
I'll get my printed version when I buy the camera.

I usually find the PDF versions most convenient as I don't have to rummage around and mutter "... now where did I put that blasted manual..." - LOL
It would be nice if a printed manual came with camera (as well as the PDF), but that doesn't seem to happen with any of the camera suppliers now. PDF is fine, but printed makes for some fascinating bedtime reading.

BTW, it is good to read up on the manual before you get the camera & when it arrives the manual might start to make sense then.
__________________
Ross
I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, ZD12-60 SWD, ZD50-200 SWD, EC14, EC20, EX25, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12th September 2013
mhobart mhobart is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 394
Thanks: 143
Thanked 84 Times in 55 Posts
Likes: 63
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Re: OM-D EM-1 manual available for download

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
It would be nice if a printed manual came with camera (as well as the PDF), but that doesn't seem to happen with any of the camera suppliers now. PDF is fine, but printed makes for some fascinating bedtime reading.

BTW, it is good to read up on the manual before you get the camera & when it arrives the manual might start to make sense then.
The OM-D E-M1 does comes with a printed manual :-) We might gripe about the increasing habit of not including lens hoods, but Olympus does include manuals in all of the cameras I've seen :-)

Reading through the manual and looking at the various videos available online is something which I do before making any camera purchase
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12th September 2013
Ross's Avatar
Ross Ross is offline
Aussie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Blue Mtns, N.S.W. Australia
Posts: 2,354
Thanks: 286
Thanked 199 Times in 164 Posts
Likes: 246
Liked 334 Times in 156 Posts
Re: OM-D EM-1 manual available for download

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhobart View Post
The OM-D E-M1 does comes with a printed manual :-) We might gripe about the increasing habit of not including lens hoods, but Olympus does include manuals in all of the cameras I've seen :-)

Reading through the manual and looking at the various videos available online is something which I do before making any camera purchase
The manuals you have seen are just basic ones, not the full manual.
__________________
Ross
I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, ZD12-60 SWD, ZD50-200 SWD, EC14, EC20, EX25, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12th September 2013
mhobart mhobart is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 394
Thanks: 143
Thanked 84 Times in 55 Posts
Likes: 63
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Re: OM-D EM-1 manual available for download

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
The manuals you have seen are just basic ones, not the full manual.
Ross, then I do not understand what you mean by the "full manual." The printed manuals I received when I bought my E-1, E-620, and EP-2 were just the same as the downloadable PDF versions.

What other ones are you referring to?

Puzzled, Mike
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12th September 2013
Ross's Avatar
Ross Ross is offline
Aussie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Blue Mtns, N.S.W. Australia
Posts: 2,354
Thanks: 286
Thanked 199 Times in 164 Posts
Likes: 246
Liked 334 Times in 156 Posts
Re: OM-D EM-1 manual available for download

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhobart View Post
Ross, then I do not understand what you mean by the "full manual." The printed manuals I received when I bought my E-1, E-620, and EP-2 were just the same as the downloadable PDF versions.

What other ones are you referring to?

Puzzled, Mike
Those models came with Full Manuals, but the E-M5 didn't (in mine anyhow) except in PDF format on the CD with just an abridged printed version included in the box & other camera manufacturers do the same thing now too. It may have only been since last year that Olympus started doing that, but who knows, this E-M1 might have the complete manual.
__________________
Ross
I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, ZD12-60 SWD, ZD50-200 SWD, EC14, EC20, EX25, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:
mhobart (12th September 2013)
  #10  
Old 12th September 2013
mhobart mhobart is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 394
Thanks: 143
Thanked 84 Times in 55 Posts
Likes: 63
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Re: OM-D EM-1 manual available for download

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Those models came with Full Manuals, but the E-M5 didn't (in mine anyhow) except in PDF format on the CD with just an abridged printed version included in the box & other camera manufacturers do the same thing now too. It may have only been since last year that Olympus started doing that, but who knows, this E-M1 might have the complete manual.
Ok, thanks for clarifying that.

It is quite disappointing that Olympus has been skimping on the included manuals :-( Just as it is to see that the mFT "PRO" lens still requires paying extra for the lens hood. The various FT lenses I all bought came with lens hoods included. Skimping on what should be included really annoys me (not just Olympus, but many other manufacturers).

The manual for the OM-D E-M1 states that it includes a manual, but it did not say which type. There is a YouTube video on unboxing the camera, I haven't watched it all of the way through as it appears to simply be taking the camera out of the box, then the protective sleeve, then attaching a lens... The tray containing (presumably) the manual is just set aside. At some point I will watch it all of the way though :-)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:43 PM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2015, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger