Advertisements

Go Back   Four Thirds User discussion forum > The Picture Show! > Four Thirds User Salon

Four Thirds User Salon A fortnightly photography contest where the winner becomes the curator and sets the next challenge.

Old 26th April 2017

Liked 70 Times in 48 Posts
Re: Salon #216 - On the road again...

The red bicycle
The Following User Says to Kurt they like this post:
West Arm Rider (26th April 2017)
Old 26th April 2017

The Following User Says to Kurt they like this post:
West Arm Rider (26th April 2017)
Old 28th April 2017
Not Serious Enough

Liked 268 Times in 160 Posts

" Well Shelly... there's been some good ones so far but it's sure slowing down "

" I know Pearl... maybe no ones got any more good on the road pictures 'cause they traded their 620's for those micro 4/3rd thingy bobs! "

hschnee (1st May 2017), Kurt (28th April 2017)
Old 2nd May 2017
Not Serious Enough

Liked 268 Times in 160 Posts

The 216th salon "On the road again " is now over and its time to see who will host the next salon.

Andy's RED car couldn't make up its mind if it was RED with white stripes or white with RED stripes and that level of utter confusion means it gets an honorable mention notwithstanding the guy in RED pants (who wears RED pants anyway)...

Gillian's evidence of the invisible man was quite revealing, it revealed that she had not READ that she needed RED yet, but that would be corrected in a future entry. I liked this photo....

Mikew had RED tail lights and a talking duck ( hey, it worked for Walt Disney )who was looking for a lift. Judging by the flat feet the mallard never got one. Thanks for a great entry, but, no cigar....

Gillians second picture made me laugh... hard. Love the RED painted hooves and smug look on the ewe followed by the two hopeful rams headed to the party. Well thought out and well done... you get second for that shot

Barrie submitted a wonderful landscape worthy of framing, I really liked this shot. It was ruined by some strange RED creature with big eyes meandering across the foreground. Should have removed that guy in post Barrie, but, great try...

Andy's second shot was a well thought out environmentally sensitive seaside landscape portraying the effects of global warming, which causes rising water levels and dangers to the future of the planet. Extremely well portrayed but obviously the wrong competition, regardless of the RED roof...

Rudolf had two beautiful photos. The first was an idyllic farm scene with rolled hay bales labelled somewhere in France, which I'm sure was a mistake on his part as I've seen lots of landscapes like this in Kansas...

And the second was a sensitive portrayal of a reminder to the tragedy and utter futility of war. I liked the shot and it was the only one which portrayed something taken from a road without actually showing the road itself as a component of the composition. Congratulations, third place for this ...

Kurt's first photo is either a wonderful testament to true love lost on the cobble stones of our life represented by the shattered remains of our heart on a cold and wet day... or ... something RED on a road to meet the requirements of the competition. As no mention is given, and it is Kurt, probably the second...

And nice try entering a black and white with a title I could read as RED bike but I'm on to you, those bikes were not RED at all. Nice shot though and I'm a sucker for a pretty girl so if there was a fourth in this salon you would have it....

And I missed DeeVee... or should I say I left the winner to the last. DeeVee submitted two beautiful and richly coloured photos ( with RED ), one an evidentiary photo of a car following a truck to closely on the highway which is obviously intended to be sent to the Highway Patrol for enforcement follow up and the winner...

A photo of the Marvel Comics hero " The Flash " headed home along the highway.

Well done DeeVee... a beautiful piece of art well thought out and nicely executed. You get to pick the category and run the next 217th salon.
Barr1e (3rd May 2017)
The Following User Says to West Arm Rider they like this post:
Barr1e (3rd May 2017)
Old 2nd May 2017

Liked 69 Times in 40 Posts

Thanks WARider for the endorsement ...I had fun shooting in Death Valley ...do go there whenever you have the chance/time, especially in the winter time
Congrats to all entrants as well ... I'm posting the next challenge right now
Cheers,
Old 2nd May 2017

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

Thanks for your review Stef and congrats to DeVee.

P.S. my first Pic was from France, not to far from German border - and I've never been in Canada 😪

some of my pictures
http://www.rudolf-rager.de/
Old 2nd May 2017
Animal Portraitist

Liked 102 Times in 73 Posts

I love the commentary, Stef! Wish I hadn't been away so I could have found time to submit some entries to be heckled and roasted.

- Hal -
Olympus E-M5; Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 25mm; Zuiko 12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD; Sigma 105 Macro; Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm fisheye; Olympus 8/1.8 PRO fisheye; FL-50R; Giottos MT-8361 tripod with Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead.
Old 2nd May 2017

Great commentary. You got me, the bike was not red!