Advertisements

Go Back   Four Thirds User discussion forum > FTU Noticeboard > General discussion

General discussion Here is the place to discuss photography topics that may not be specific to one of the other board topics on this forum.

Old 16th February 2012

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Breaking news - former Oly execs arrested

I'm sure that a news article will be posted on this, so here's just a quick summary.

TOKYO (Reuters) - Three former executives of Japan's disgraced Olympus Corp were arrested on Thursday over their role in a $1.7 billion accounting fraud at the maker of medical equipment and cameras, Japanese media reported.
Tokyo prosecutors arrested ex-President Tsuyoshi Kikukawa, former Executive Vice President Hisashi Mori and former auditor Hideo Yamada, Tokyo Broadcasting System Television and other media said.
Prosecutors also arrested three former employees of a major brokerage who advised Olympus on covering up its losses, media reported, without naming the people or the brokerage. ...
The Following User Says Thank You to mhobart For This Useful Post:
fluffy (16th February 2012)
Old 16th February 2012
Aussie

Liked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Re: Breaking news - former Oly execs arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhobart View Post
I'm sure that a news article will be posted on this, so here's just a quick summary.

TOKYO (Reuters) - Three former executives of Japan's disgraced Olympus Corp were arrested on Thursday over their role in a $1.7 billion accounting fraud at the maker of medical equipment and cameras, Japanese media reported.
Tokyo prosecutors arrested ex-President Tsuyoshi Kikukawa, former Executive Vice President Hisashi Mori and former auditor Hideo Yamada, Tokyo Broadcasting System Television and other media said.
Prosecutors also arrested three former employees of a major brokerage who advised Olympus on covering up its losses, media reported, without naming the people or the brokerage. ...
My attention was drawn to it when I had just heard it in the Australian ABC News, so I started looking up more news details. I hope things can move forward from here & not downhill from a heap of law suits by shareholders that could send the company into meltdown.
Lenses: M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-42, ZD40-150, ZD70-300, ZD14-54 II, ZD35 macro, EC14, EX25, OM50 1.8, OM28 2.8, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50. Other: Soligor bellows & adapters. Velbon Sherpa 600R tripod.