Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've not seen many posts on this part of the forum, lets see your DMC-L1s'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: I've not seen many posts on this part of the forum, lets see your DMC-L1s'

Is it just me, or has this camera really taken on a cult following? It reminds me of my Saab, and Saab owners in particular. Solidly built, not much to look at, but man, you just love it to death. Even without the Leica lens (which is first rate) I can't imagine not getting another one of these, in spite of it's quirkiness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, it really does have a cult following. And fortunately is way less costly to maintain than the Saabs my wife has owned.

Ted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Amen to that, brother. A kick to drive though, both the camera and the car.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbryant View Post
    Is it just me, or has this camera really taken on a cult following? It reminds me of my Saab, and Saab owners in particular. Solidly built, not much to look at, but man, you just love it to death. Even without the Leica lens (which is first rate) I can't imagine not getting another one of these, in spite of it's quirkiness.
    I think if you are an older person like me, you remember using a rangefinder camera back in the late 50's. But their is something about this camera that draws you to it. Best of all it takes great pictures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Since I'm in a contrary mood today I have both an L1 and an E330. I love the looks of the L1 and the way it handles, but I have to say the odd-duck looking 330 is a better camera.Which seems strange even to me as I like the newer Panasonics over their rough Olympus equivalents. Just an opinion.
    Steve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fluffy View Post
    Since I'm in a contrary mood today I have both an L1 and an E330. I love the looks of the L1 and the way it handles, but I have to say the odd-duck looking 330 is a better camera.Which seems strange even to me as I like the newer Panasonics over their rough Olympus equivalents. Just an opinion.
    ooooHHH CONTROVERSIAL! the 330 had better live view IIRC, the 300 was more like the L1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

There you go .. even an opinion can be wrong
    (maybe you are right thought).

So glad the L-1 has focus confirm what gave me a sensible feature to choose for the L-1. But it is the "dynamic" B/W ISO 400 JPGs keep me coming back to the L-1 there usually so good.

But I would certainly not mind to have a E-330 added to the collection.

Martin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You right about the E-330 it is a great camera, sold mine plus two lens,
    also sold my E-510 with one lens so that i was able to pay for the E-30.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The main thing I like about the L1 is as Kuifje states, we've no need of focus confirm daisies to try and get some idea of focus when using legacy lenses. I use Leica R lenses, Nikon lenses and of course my Olympus OM lenses, it makes it a great camera for this use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    The main thing I like about the L1 is as Kuifje states, we've no need of focus confirm daisies to try and get some idea of focus when using legacy lenses. I use Leica R lenses, Nikon lenses and of course my Olympus OM lenses, it makes it a great camera for this use.
    I don't have any old ones.I am set for now with the 50mm oly,30 1.4 Sigma,70-300 oly, 25mm pancake, 14-54 ll oly,40-150 Oly and the 14 1.4 ext.........Would love to have the 50-200, i am all tapped out for now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast