Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've not seen many posts on this part of the forum, lets see your DMC-L1s'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: I've not seen many posts on this part of the forum, lets see your DMC-L1s'

Thought it might have been! A bit of a monster isn't it?

I thought this 4/3 thing was all about smaller and lighter and a neater way of doing things compared to the Canikon thing going on?

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Thought it might have been! A bit of a monster isn't it?

I thought this 4/3 thing was all about smaller and lighter and a neater way of doing things compared to the Canikon thing going on?
    True, I have thought the same from time to time. on the plus side, the 35-100 is brighter and sharper for the equivalent from the competition. So while the Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8, for example is around the same size, it is a stop slower. And a stop makes a big difference in size. But the 50-200 is relatively small and light, as is the 70-300.
    ~Reggie

Nikon D3s | D500 | Nikkor 300mm f/4 PF | Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 | 70-200 f/2.8 G2 | Sigma 50 f/1.4 Art | 500mm f/4 Sport

Panasonic GX8 | GF3 | 20 f/1.7 II | 12-35 f/2.8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm just in the process of buying a 50-200 for my lens collection, I don't think I could get away with spending the sort of money the 35-100 costs at the moment!

The SWD version second hand, costs a third more than a non swd version does, so for the moment I'm going none SWD.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    I'm just in the process of buying a 50-200 for my lens collection, I don't think I could get away with spending the sort of money the 35-100 costs at the moment!

The SWD version second hand, costs a third more than a non swd version does, so for the moment I'm going none SWD.
    Yeah, I shouldn't have bought it, but I had used a rental copy, and it is truly an amazing lens. Makes me want to go out and shoot with it. A also got it second hand, so that helped to ease the blow just a little
    ~Reggie

Nikon D3s | D500 | Nikkor 300mm f/4 PF | Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 | 70-200 f/2.8 G2 | Sigma 50 f/1.4 Art | 500mm f/4 Sport

Panasonic GX8 | GF3 | 20 f/1.7 II | 12-35 f/2.8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I sold the E-510 last month and now have an E-30 and a 14-54 lens. I still use my DMC L1. I will not part with it. I have the 25mm pancake on it most of the time.Would love to pick up a 50-200 but will have to stick with my 70-300 for now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    I am curious about the "red dot" version, what's the story with that?
    It's very much an inside joke.

The E-300/DMC-L1 was specifically designed by Oly/Panny/Leica to be a retro "rangefinder-look" camera (I'm not sure about the specific details on who did what with the design). One reason, presumably the driving reason, was that Leica wanted the rangefinder look so that they could release a Leica version of that DSLR called the Digilux 3 (which they did). The Leica cachet would have seemed important to the 4/3 folks back then.

The Digilux 3 was the L1 except that: the top part is silver instead of black, and has the Red Dot; the jpeg engine is claimed to be better (this is rather controversial, and immaterial if you shoot RAW); and the price was and usually still is some US$ 2K higher than the L1 (this part is NOT controversial ).

The person I bought tht L1 from, blacked out the Lumix label and added the Red Dot. I like his sense of humor - to me that L1 looks more like a Leica rangefinder than the Digilux 3 does (but don't tell any Leicaphiles that - they would definitely have a cow).

Welcome to the L1/Digilux3 cult.

Ted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Angelo, if you leave the post up we can help you edit your post so you can get the pictures to show up in your thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't get to post a picture on this forum........... Its easy to do on The DP forum........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4101/...9db9880b7e.jpg

This is my DMC L1 with an old 14-42 on it, sold the lens on e-bay and have the 25mm pancake on it most of the time.........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Angelo, I think FLickr and here are not working very well together!

Angelos DMC-L1

Using the way they are linking to pictures doesn't work!

I just open up the picture size I want then right click on the picture then use [ img ] insert url here [/ img ]

Without the spaces and it works fine here!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast