Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L1 cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: L1 cup

Did you ever find one? I am also looking for the VYC0973.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I ordered it for my E-400, through Panasonic Estonia. they ordered it from somewhere outside of Europe, deciding by the arrival time of 2 weeks.

Cheers,

Rainer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, thanks. I'll keep looking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is a bit of an old thread but just for the record in case someone needs it in future, I lost my eye cup and found through a bit of trial and error that the standard Olympus DSLR eyecups designated EP5 and EP7 work just fine and are readily and quite cheaply available on eBay. These models fit most Olympus DSLRs as well (there may be some minor exceptions).

EP5 is identical to the one which came with the L1 and EP7 is a slightly larger and more robust version.

Which is good as these suckers do tend to break and or fall off. At least my original one did even though I take excessive care of my cameras. I found my replacement eye cup after laboriously repairing the broken one from my camera and reinforcing it with some extra plastic epoxied on. It worked but did not look quite right hence my desire to find a new replacement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Something else just for the record: the Panny magnifying eyecup is part number VYC0973, was included in the box with the L10, and fits the L1 and Oly DSLRs. It does help with any 4/3 camera that has a small OVF such as the L1 and E500 (I use it on both). It is NOT optically the same as the Oly ME magnifying eyecup - it has more eye relief (important if you wear eyeglasses) and folks who have used both state that it is noticeably better optically. On the L1, it does mean you need to move your eye to the left to see the exposure info on the right in the viewfinder. You get used to that pretty quickly as you appreciate the "larger" viewfinder.

Ted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12