Thread: Photo Challenge - Show Me Your Worst

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    354 Posts
    Liked 115 Times in 83 Posts

Photo Challenge - Show Me Your Worst

Richard Sibley's review of the E420/E520 cameras in this week's AP indicated that there was an issue of purple fringing with the standard kit lens. This is something that I haven't yet encountered myself and wondered if any other users have.

I thought it might be a bit of fun to set an additional two week Salon style competition with the theme "PURPLE FRINGING."

I appreciate that it is unlikely you will have any suitable images in your collections so you have until 15th July to deliberately force your Oly kit to produce this aberration. The best (or should that be worst) example wins.

Anyone cheating by using a Canon DSLR with kit lens will be disqualified!
    View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    354 Posts
    Liked 115 Times in 83 Posts

Re: Photo Challenge - Show Me Your Worst

Quote Originally Posted by John Perriment View Post
    Richard Sibley's review of the E420/E520 cameras in this week's AP indicated that there was an issue of purple fringing with the standard kit lens. This is something that I haven't yet encountered myself and wondered if any other users have.

I thought it might be a bit of fun to set an additional two week Salon style competition with the theme "PURPLE FRINGING."

I appreciate that it is unlikely you will have any suitable images in your collections so you have until 15th July to deliberately force your Oly kit to produce this aberration. The best (or should that be worst) example wins.

Anyone cheating by using a Canon DSLR with kit lens will be disqualified!
    No one been able to get a picture with suitable CA from their Oly yet?

O.K. I know it's difficult so I've changed my mind - you can use a Canon with 18-55mm kit lens. Now, let's see some pics!
    View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    463 Posts
    Liked 564 Times in 259 Posts

I see you don't mind the rules being bent so here is one from yesterday.

A show which had many women swooning and shouting for more especially when Johnny Castle (Josef Brown) appeared. A brilliant show with a superb cast and musicians.

Taken on my discreet p+s Fuji F100fd with little pp. Well the signwriting looks purpleish.

Regards. Barr1e

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The last time I took a picture that had purple fringing it was before I got an E-300, it was with an Olympus C-700.

I guess I learned from that camera how to avoid it...basically avoiding high constrast situations like shooting a tree against a bright sky.