Thread: Comparing the Digital Zuiko 50-200 old and new

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Comparing the Digital Zuiko 50-200 old and new

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    I have been prepared to join a forum a couple of times because of some stupid statement, that sort of thing, but every time I have to sit back and remind myself how many people really are wrong on the internet, and how useless it is to fight with them. So there is no reason to get in to it. I think Kenton was in the right here, but to join a forum just to disagree with someone is kind of crazy. Thus, I try to avoid it.
    So I suppose we shouldn't send you the invite to join the Flat Earth Society Dedicated to Making the Internet Perfect in All Ways (FESDTMTIPIAW)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I find it is easy enough to find people to disagree with without needing to go out of my way to join a forum just to do it - then again that's probably just me ! Love the cartoon by the way Reggie - thanks !
    now you keep out of this - just because you were in at the begining doesn't mean it's your fight now

FWIW (and that's probably less then 2c) I too read your post (that started this) with a little surprise. To have been whiter than white in my opinion (which of course there is no reason for you to consider relevant or important, I think I would have liked to see that you had contacted the seller one more time and offered to send back the package that had now turned up if he would send you a sum sufficent to cover the balance of your costs (sum paid out less amount credited by ebay) plus an amount in respect of your time plus insured registered deliver costs and an amount to cover your packaging time and costs.

The problem with your post as you made is that it suggested that you had been refunded by ebay for an item not received, then you subsequently found it/it arrived.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Liked 6 Times in 1 Post

Perhaps my description was open to misinterpretation. The package was eventually found (not delivered). itt was damaged, some items were missing and the item was clearly not as described. I contacted the seller and asked to retun the lens for a refund. The seller refused. It was then I opened the claim through eBay (Item not as described). I did ask the seller to take back the item and refund me my money. I did not get what I wanted and the the seller did not provide what he offered. eBay accepted my side of the story and made a partial settlement. i was not asked to return the item.

I appreciate that this transaction went wrong for both sides but do believe the right solution would have been for the seller to accept the return of the lens. I could not return it unilaterally without risking being out of pocket as well as out a lens. With a little co-operation it would have all ended better for both of us. eBay nade the decision on compensation without asking me for a suggested result.

As for the suggestion that I should have made a partial payment for the lens, I reject this, even though I did make a partial payment. I didn't get what I thought I was buying, I don't see why I should be expected to pay anything for it. To simply have been able to return it would have settled matters.

In retrospect, having re-read the original posts I think that perhaps I might hae been guily of gloating alittle and this may have offended some. I am sorry for this but I do not apologise for the outcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

does it for me

I wouldn't have been so surprised at the earlier tone if I hadn't believed you to be the guy this post reflects (from previous posts and correspondence)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Liked 6 Times in 1 Post

In all honesty I think it is probably time to put this one to bed and move on - I thank all who have contributed whatever their opinion, after all it is the taking part that really matters. In this spirit let us all leave this one alone now and take part in what brings us all here in the first place - get out and take some photographs !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In all honesty I think it is probably time to put this one to bed and move on - I thank all who have contributed whatever their opinion, after all it is the taking part that really matters. In this spirit let us all leave this one alone now and take part in what brings us all here in the first place - get out and take some photographs !
    Darn, just as things were starting to get interesting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Liked 6 Times in 1 Post

Only my opinion - feel free to carry on without me !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Only my opinion - feel free to carry on without me !
    spoilsport

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You are right Bear, enough has been said.......

Ian: can we have a lock on this one ?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

so i would be okay with the 50-200 non-swd on a e620. again, i don't do a lot of telephoto work, but i like to have it when i need it and having almost the best is good enough for me. i think.
    Happily photographing within my camera's limitations.
    Website

Flickr

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast