Thread: Autofocus hicup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Autofocus hicup

I've been using my old E-1 again (occasionally) after several years with ther E-3 and E-5, but I'm experiencing a problem I can't really figure out: (auto) focusing doesn't work all the time. Sometimes I have to switch off the camera first, or loosen and remount the lens. On other occasions it simply does work "by itself" again. Seemingly random. I've tried it with 14-54, 50-200, 50 and 150 and the problem occurs with all lenses. I talked to an Olympus service rep, who regretted to inform me that the E-1 is no longer serviced (only the E-5 is!) and referred me to forums. If anyone has an idea, that would be most welcome! Ton in Amsterdam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Autofocus hicup

Quote Originally Posted by tonmaas View Post
    I've been using my old E-1 again (occasionally) after several years with ther E-3 and E-5, but I'm experiencing a problem I can't really figure out: (auto) focusing doesn't work all the time. Sometimes I have to switch off the camera first, or loosen and remount the lens. On other occasions it simply does work "by itself" again. Seemingly random. I've tried it with 14-54, 50-200, 50 and 150 and the problem occurs with all lenses. I talked to an Olympus service rep, who regretted to inform me that the E-1 is no longer serviced (only the E-5 is!) and referred me to forums. If anyone has an idea, that would be most welcome! Ton in Amsterdam
    Hi Tonmaas, the only suggestion i have is one you may have already tried and that is to check and carefully clean the camera contacts that connect to the lens. Other than that, I'm afraid it may be a trip to a camera repairer. Olympus seem to have stopped supplying spares now for a lot of older cameras and that even includes the OM-D EM-5 MK1

Regards,
    John