Thread: Leica 14-50mm Zoom Ring locked up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Leica 14-50mm Zoom Ring locked up

Hi Folks,
    The zoom ring on my favourite lens has locked up. I have done some research and it seems to be a common problem with them. I have had mine for ages with no problems until now. Back in 2012 in the forum there was a thread regarding this very problem and a number of folks fixed their lenses thanks to a video Ted Kurkowski sent to them. I have seen that Ted has not been on the forum for some time I will private message him and hope this alerts him to my plight and if he still has the file Hope that he will send it to me, BUT it is a long shot.
    Does anyone know where I can view this repair video?
    Best wishes Ian

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Leica 14-50mm Zoom Ring locked up

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    Hi Folks,
    The zoom ring on my favourite lens has locked up. I have done some research and it seems to be a common problem with them. I have had mine for ages with no problems until now. Back in 2012 in the forum there was a thread regarding this very problem and a number of folks fixed their lenses thanks to a video Ted Kurkowski sent to them. I have seen that Ted has not been on the forum for some time I will private message him and hope this alerts him to my plight and if he still has the file Hope that he will send it to me, BUT it is a long shot.
    Does anyone know where I can view this repair video?
    Best wishes Ian
    My only suggestion is to send the lens back to the manufacturers service people, and have the lens serviced. I know it costs, but with a guarantee you effectively have a new lens relatively cheaply.........

Alas you have to live without your favorite lens for a fortnight or so...........