Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salon #216 - On the road again...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Liked 70 Times in 48 Posts

Re: Salon #216 - On the road again...

The red bicycle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Liked 268 Times in 160 Posts

" Well Shelly... there's been some good ones so far but it's sure slowing down "

" I know Pearl... maybe no ones got any more good on the road pictures 'cause they traded their 620's for those micro 4/3rd thingy bobs! "

"Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Liked 268 Times in 160 Posts

The 216th salon "On the road again " is now over and its time to see who will host the next salon.

Andy's RED car couldn't make up its mind if it was RED with white stripes or white with RED stripes and that level of utter confusion means it gets an honorable mention notwithstanding the guy in RED pants (who wears RED pants anyway)...

Gillian's evidence of the invisible man was quite revealing, it revealed that she had not READ that she needed RED yet, but that would be corrected in a future entry. I liked this photo....

Mikew had RED tail lights and a talking duck ( hey, it worked for Walt Disney )who was looking for a lift. Judging by the flat feet the mallard never got one. Thanks for a great entry, but, no cigar....

Gillians second picture made me laugh... hard. Love the RED painted hooves and smug look on the ewe followed by the two hopeful rams headed to the party. Well thought out and well done... you get second for that shot

Barrie submitted a wonderful landscape worthy of framing, I really liked this shot. It was ruined by some strange RED creature with big eyes meandering across the foreground. Should have removed that guy in post Barrie, but, great try...

Andy's second shot was a well thought out environmentally sensitive seaside landscape portraying the effects of global warming, which causes rising water levels and dangers to the future of the planet. Extremely well portrayed but obviously the wrong competition, regardless of the RED roof...

Rudolf had two beautiful photos. The first was an idyllic farm scene with rolled hay bales labelled somewhere in France, which I'm sure was a mistake on his part as I've seen lots of landscapes like this in Kansas...

And the second was a sensitive portrayal of a reminder to the tragedy and utter futility of war. I liked the shot and it was the only one which portrayed something taken from a road without actually showing the road itself as a component of the composition. Congratulations, third place for this ...

Kurt's first photo is either a wonderful testament to true love lost on the cobble stones of our life represented by the shattered remains of our heart on a cold and wet day... or ... something RED on a road to meet the requirements of the competition. As no mention is given, and it is Kurt, probably the second...

And nice try entering a black and white with a title I could read as RED bike but I'm on to you, those bikes were not RED at all. Nice shot though and I'm a sucker for a pretty girl so if there was a fourth in this salon you would have it....

And I missed DeeVee... or should I say I left the winner to the last. DeeVee submitted two beautiful and richly coloured photos ( with RED ), one an evidentiary photo of a car following a truck to closely on the highway which is obviously intended to be sent to the Highway Patrol for enforcement follow up and the winner...

A photo of the Marvel Comics hero " The Flash " headed home along the highway.

Well done DeeVee... a beautiful piece of art well thought out and nicely executed. You get to pick the category and run the next 217th salon.
    "Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Liked 69 Times in 40 Posts

Thanks WARider for the endorsement ...I had fun shooting in Death Valley ...do go there whenever you have the chance/time, especially in the winter time
    Congrats to all entrants as well ... I'm posting the next challenge right now
    Cheers,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

Thanks for your review Stef and congrats to DeVee.

P.S. my first Pic was from France, not to far from German border - and I've never been in Canada 😪
    Regards Rudolf

some of my pictures
    http://www.rudolf-rager.de/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Liked 103 Times in 74 Posts

I love the commentary, Stef! Wish I hadn't been away so I could have found time to submit some entries to be heckled and roasted.

- Hal -
    A Still Mind - Photography, Music, Meditation, Ministry - www.astillmind.net
    Olympus E-M5; Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 25mm; Zuiko 12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD; Sigma 105 Macro; Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm fisheye; Olympus 8/1.8 PRO fisheye; FL-50R; Giottos MT-8361 tripod with Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Great commentary. You got me, the bike was not red!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12