Thread: GH4 displaying settings for an external mic but none is attached

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation GH4 displaying settings for an external mic but none is attached

Hi, so this is a weird one: I'm not getting any audio through the GH4's built-in mic. I have the mic level display on and there is no signal at all.

What's weird is that the external mic icon is displaying right above the level bars, though I have no external mic attached. Further, when I go into Menu > Motion Picture > Special Mic is enabled and I can select it and adjust those settings, despite having no external mic attached.

I've already tried resetting Record and Setup/Custom settings in the Setup menu, turning the camera on/off, and removing the battery to no avail.

I feel like it's probably something really dumb and obvious, but I am stumped. Any suggestions hugely appreciated, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: GH4 displaying settings for an external mic but none is attached

I cant specifically help you, but I also have something unusual with regard an external mic.

I have a Rode Videomic Go that I use for recording audio, it works when plugged in as does the built-in mic when the Rode is not plugged in.

My issue is that when the Rode is plugged in the Special Mic setting remains greyed out and unavailable.

This is of absolutely no use to you but at least you know that you are not the only one with audio confusion