Thread: Sync Problems using off camera flash after firmware update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unhappy Sync Problems using off camera flash after firmware update

After the firmware upgrade I seem to be having issues using off camera flash. I used my wireless trigger with no problems before the firmware update.

I have the Yongnuo RF-603N II trigger using with Yongnuo TN560-III flash.
    Now when I use the wireless trigger the flash will only sync in full Auto mode or P mode. If I try using A or M or S priority I seem to have sync problems. The flash only lights up less than 1/4 of the bottom of the frame.

For example:I have tried various shutter speeds in Manual mode. I have to put it down to 1/15 to get full coverage of the flash on the frame. Any speed above 1/15 has sync issues and the flash does not cover the entire screen. I believe this is a rear sync issue.
    I had used my trigger successfully in with the camera in Manual mode for over a year, but after a recent firmware update...it no longer works correctly.
    Anyone else have this issue?
    Any suggestions or solutions? I have the Yongnuo RF-603N II trigger using with Yongnuo TN560-III flash. It used to work great with the Olympus OMD EM1. 😕

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Re: Sync Problems using off camera flash after firmware update

You did not mention the firmware version.

My EM1 had a strange behavior with v4.0, in RC mode it always missed the first shot. Subsequent shots were fine.

Luckily version 4.1 came out shortly after that. With firmware 4.1 flash behavior is back to normal, at least for me.