Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    354 Posts
    Liked 115 Times in 83 Posts

Re: Change of rules for the Salon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    make that the fifth Tuesday in the month with a full moon and I am with you
    Only if there is a bus running from Great Easton to Saffron Walden and the month has an 'R' in it.
    View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts
    Liked 268 Times in 160 Posts

That's absolutely silly John, we're trying to have a serious conversation and you come up with that. You know a lot of the participants to this forum aren't living in England so wouldn't have access to a bus schedule for Pete's sake... I can support the "R" month however...
    "Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Liked 69 Times in 40 Posts

I'm good with 2 even though one should be able to assess one's best entry for that competition
    Cheers ,

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    354 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by West Arm Rider View Post
    That's absolutely silly John, we're trying to have a serious conversation and you come up with that. You know a lot of the participants to this forum aren't living in England so wouldn't have access to a bus schedule for Pete's sake... I can support the "R" month however...
    What makes you think that those of us living in England have a bus schedule? Surely you've heard that this is the land of cutbacks, austerity and deep gloom. And as for having an 'R' in the month, no doubt they'll want to tax us on that pretty soon!
    View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    354 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deevee View Post
    I'm good with 2 even though one should be able to assess one's best entry for that competition
    Cheers ,
    Good point, but hopefully the new rule will increase the number of entries and make each salon more interesting. It won't necessarily increase the quality but it will provide members with an extra opportunity to showcase their work. What it will do for you is give you the opportunity to scoop 1st and 2nd places!

John

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Liked 103 Times in 74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deevee View Post
    Cheers ,
    I for one am terrible at guessing what sort of photo a judge will like. The entry that I consider my best is often not what a competition judge prefers. Often, it seems to come down to personal preference, mood, subject matter, etc. rather than any objective quality of the photo, if there is such a thing.

- Hal -
    A Still Mind - Photography, Music, Meditation, Ministry - www.astillmind.net
    Olympus E-M5; Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 25mm; Zuiko 12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD; Sigma 105 Macro; Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm fisheye; Olympus 8/1.8 PRO fisheye; FL-50R; Giottos MT-8361 tripod with Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    354 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hschnee View Post
    I for one am terrible at guessing what sort of photo a judge will like. The entry that I consider my best is often not what a competition judge prefers. Often, it seems to come down to personal preference, mood, subject matter, etc. rather than any objective quality of the photo, if there is such a thing.

- Hal -
    Me too, Hal.

John

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    354 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Perriment View Post
    What makes you think that those of us living in England have a bus schedule? Surely you've heard that this is the land of cutbacks, austerity and deep gloom. And as for having an 'R' in the month, no doubt they'll want to tax us on that pretty soon!
    I have to take some of this back. I've just heard that our local rural bus service, which is partially funded by the council, has been spared from the threatened cancellation and a new deal has been agreed that will support it for at least the next four years. It's not a wonderful service, but it is a lot better than nothing!

John

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts
    Liked 268 Times in 160 Posts

I was going to make a snide reply to your post comparing Canada to England for taxes but a quick review showed that in the big picture of most developed countries neither are that bad. I mean, really, Robert can ride the chicken bus in Nicaragua, how bad can yours be?
    "Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12