Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    202 Posts
    Liked 103 Times in 74 Posts

Re: 190th FTU Salon - Power

Steam power.

- Hal -
    A Still Mind - Photography, Music, Meditation, Ministry - www.astillmind.net
    Olympus E-M5; Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 25mm; Zuiko 12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD; Sigma 105 Macro; Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm fisheye; Olympus 8/1.8 PRO fisheye; FL-50R; Giottos MT-8361 tripod with Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    354 Posts
    Liked 115 Times in 83 Posts

Thanks for a great selection! I will be judging later today.
    View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    354 Posts
    Liked 115 Times in 83 Posts

Not a huge amount of entries but more than enough in terms of quality to give me a dilemma when judging and I enjoyed seeing them all. Here are the results:

3rd Bitrix - There is some serious photoshopping going on here, but the result very much suits the subject and emphasises the enormous power of the mechanical digger.

2nd Barrie - I'm glad you settled for this picture rather than the steam train, because it fits the theme so well but from a refreshing angle. You would not normally associate a child with the theme of power, yet in this delightful shot there is no doubting the power and determination of your young grandson who is clearly on a mission.

1st Kurt - I love the mystical atmosphere as the tiny figure in red appears to be summoning the raw, awesome power of Nature. A fantastic photograph and a wonderful interpretation of the theme!

I was disappointed not to be able to find a place in the top three for several other entries, which were perfectly good interpretations of the theme and composed and processed to a very high standard.

Anyway, it's over to you, Kurt for the next Salon. Once you have posted it I will edit the rules to reflect the recent decision to allow two entries per member in the competition.
    View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Liked 564 Times in 259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Perriment View Post
    Not a huge amount of entries but more than enough in terms of quality to give me a dilemma when judging and I enjoyed seeing them all. Here are the results:

3rd Bitrix - There is some serious photoshopping going on here, but the result very much suits the subject and emphasises the enormous power of the mechanical digger.

2nd Barrie - I'm glad you settled for this picture rather than the steam train, because it fits the theme so well but from a refreshing angle. You would not normally associate a child with the theme of power, yet in this delightful shot there is no doubting the power and determination of your young grandson who is clearly on a mission.

1st Kurt - I love the mystical atmosphere as the tiny figure in red appears to be summoning the raw, awesome power of Nature. A fantastic photograph and a wonderful interpretation of the theme!

I was disappointed not to be able to find a place in the top three for several other entries, which were perfectly good interpretations of the theme and composed and processed to a very high standard.

Anyway, it's over to you, Kurt for the next Salon. Once you have posted it I will edit the rules to reflect the recent decision to allow two entries per member in the competition.
    Hi John -

Thanks for running the challenge and I'm most pleased you considered my entry.

Congratulations to Bitrix.

Congratulations Kurt - a great entry and a worthy winner of the Salon.

Regards. Barr1e

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Liked 70 Times in 48 Posts

Wow, thanks very much. I think there are some particularly fine entries. I will sleep on it and come up with a new subject tomorrow for the first Salon under the new rules. Just checking my bus timetable

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12