Thread: L1 Raw codecs

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

L1 Raw codecs

Hey, just wondering if anyone has found the raw codec for DMC-L1 to view the files natively in Windows. I am pretty sure that FastPictureViewer supports the format, but I can't bring myself to spend $15 for something that is free from Microsoft and/or the manufacturers for every other raw format. But not even Panasonic's codec download supports the L1 (or L10): http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/raw/

I am oddly sentimental about the L1, and still like to shoot with it from time to time. Of course, I also use my mother's old Minolta SRT-200 once in a while, so I guess it's not that odd (for me). That said, I have codecs on my computer for RAWs from every other brand under the sun, but not the L1's .RAW files. I could just set up an automatic conversion to DNG when I move them on to my computer, but I would really rather just have the codec.
    ~Reggie

Nikon D3s | D500 | Nikkor 300mm f/4 PF | Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 | 70-200 f/2.8 G2 | Sigma 50 f/1.4 Art | 500mm f/4 Sport

Panasonic GX8 | GF3 | 20 f/1.7 II | 12-35 f/2.8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: L1 Raw codecs

Hello
    Don't know of any codecs for Windows but the free program Irfanview can show the RAW-files from the L1.

Jan T