Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow photo transfer to computer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Re: Slow photo transfer to computer

More info on this problem. I recharged a battery overnight and when I tried to transfer photos in RAW the transfer was perfect and I thought it must have been a low charged battery. However, I tried to transfer again just to make sure and the transfer now was very slow, about 10 secs per RAW file. When I tried again the camera disconnected itself from the computer and the camera data transfer light kept flashing as if it was transferring data. The camera on/off switch would not turn the camera off and it appeared frozen. The only way to unfreeze the camera was to disconnect the USB cable. I do not have a spare USB cable and so I think that my next port of call will be to try a new cable, but it doesn't seem to be an intermittent type of fault just something that gets progressively worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts

Each time you try are you starting with the camera off, connecting to the computer and then turning the camera on? Or are you connecting to the computer with the camera already turned on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Rob, I have tried every combination I can think of. I am convinced it is an interface problem with the computer. The only thing I have done to the computer before this problem started was install a firmware update for my EPL-5, but I shouldn't have thought this has any bearing on the matter. Sometimes I connect the E-5 and the select storage and the monitor says please wait, but then nothing happens. I am then able to switch the camera off normally and try again. At other times the camera freezes with the data transfer light flashing, but no data is transferred. In this case the only way to turn the camera off is to unplug the USB cable. The EPL-5 works perfectly normal. The E-5 does not......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Sorry but sounds like your usb connection/ socket maybe the problem. I always use a card reader connected to my computer. My epson printer has a card slot and this works well. There are lots of cheap card readers on the market.
    Rob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Rob, many thanks. I too have an Epson printer and I completely forgot it had a CF card reader. That work around works fine. Thanks for the advice.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Glad it's sorted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12