Thread: Lens Adaptor help needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lens Adaptor help needed

Hi guys been sent here by the Talk Photography users. I will copy and paste my thread.

I've been googling for a good hour now and no nearer knowing what I need to buy.

I have a Panasonic DMC-L1 it comes with a 14-55 Leica lens which from what I understand is 4/3 size?.

Now my dads just given me a Minata Sigma Zoom 28-85mm and a Vivitar Macros Focusing Zoom 75-205 lens. Both have the x2 adaptor.
    Now am I right in saying that these lens are K mount fitment?.

I would like to buy or at the very least find out more information to see if I can buy an adaptor to makes these lens fir my DMC-L1.

I fully understand that auto focus will not work but I very very rarely use that anyhow. I'm on a very tight budget so if I can spend a small amount on a adaptor and have two zoom lens to play with then I will be very happy.

Here is a photo of one of the x2 lens I need to use.

lenshelp by Benloader, on Flickr

I would be very very greatful for any help.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    354 Posts
    Liked 115 Times in 83 Posts

Re: Lens Adaptor help needed

Hi Ben, from the distinctive notch in the top lug and the shape of the lugs I'm pretty sure (but cannot be absolutely certain) that it is the Minolta MC/MD mount. You should find an adapter for Four Thirds cameras (NOT Micro Four Thirds) fairly cheaply on ebay.
    View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you, a helpful user on Talk Photography also said the same thing. I've just orded one from Ebay. Not the end of the world if it fails to fit at 16 and if it does fit I will have a lot of fun.

Thanks again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Another good place to look for adapters in the UK is SRB-Griturn - http://www.srb-griturn.com/ . They are good folks and very helpful if you ring them up.

Sounds like you may be fixed anyway, but no harm in having a contingency option!

Best wishes ... John