View RSS Feed

robminchin

Learning the E-620: Taking some photos!

Rate this Entry
Last Saturday, a number of astronomers from the Division of Planetary Sciences visited Arecibo Observatory after their annual meeting in San Juan. I was there, working, but I brought the E-620 along and managed to get some pictures between talking to the visitors.

One thing I certainly learnt was how fast and accurate the camera is. I took almost 200 pictures, and only 1 was not correctly focussed. I didn't miss a single shot because the camera was too slow. Not a single shot was over- or under-exposed to the extent that it couldn't be easily fixed. The difference between a P&S and a DSLR is that with a DSLR you can simply point and shoot...

A couple of images from the day:

More images at http://www.naic.edu/~rminchin/DPS/

Submit "Learning the E-620: Taking some photos!" to Digg Submit "Learning the E-620: Taking some photos!" to del.icio.us Submit "Learning the E-620: Taking some photos!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Learning the E-620: Taking some photos!" to Google

Updated 27th October 2009 at 09:37 PM by robminchin

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Member blogs , Learning the E-620

Comments

Hi Rob,

I love the strong shapes and powerfull angles of the structure against the clear blue sky in the first shot. Excellent!

I also really appreciated your comment that "The difference between a P&S and a DSLR is that with a DSLR you can simply point and shoot..." How very true!