View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Dynamic Range and Color Depth: Let's step it up!

As I stated in my first blog post, this one is where I will begin to criticize the Four-Thirds sensor. Most criticism comes from those who argue for better performance at high ISOs from our sensors because of a perceived (and inaccurate) inferiority at minimizing noise. I have, I think quite well if I do say so myself, argued that when you bring lenses in to the equation, Four-Thirds is the best crop-frame system available for its low-light performance. I stand by this assertion, but I am not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Truth About ISO: Four Thirds beats APS-C

The Four-Thirds format is much derided outside the ranks of its users. In applying for a photography gig recently, I was told that only “professional equipment” could be used, when I pressed for information, I was told that this meant Canon or Nikon. All others need not apply. I have a feeling there are a few users Leica, Hasselblad, Mamiya, among others that would take issue with this. But as a Four-Thirds user, I do too. I am going to do two posts on the alleged faults of Four-Thirds. The ...

Updated 24th October 2010 at 01:56 AM by ReggieB (Typos and formatting)

Categories
    Uncategorized