PDA

View Full Version : GH-2 Self Timer Question

Sadja
15th April 2011, 08:09 PM
With the camera set to single shot, A (S or M) and Q-timer selected, the camera has started firing off 2 shots. Didn't do it before. Have I inadvertently activated something in one of the menus, or is it time to send the body to Panasonic for a fix? Thanks.

yalcrab
15th April 2011, 09:40 PM
Hi sadja

Go to page 81 off the manual, I think that you have selected the timer with the 3 bars next to it. When you go into the camera menu then there are three options for self timer, 2secs, 10 secs and 10 secs with the three bars. Select any except the three bar timer and your gh2 should be ok:)

Hope this helps you

Ken

Sadja
16th April 2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks, Ken, but the self timer is set correctly to the 2 second option. When set to the 3 bar option, I still get 2 exposures and not 3.

yalcrab
16th April 2011, 04:12 PM
I have tried to replicate your problem but my gh2 just works ok.

I though it might be a auto bracket thing, probably not though.

Have you tried the "reset" in the setup menu on page 63.

I cant think of anything else, it's looking like a trip to pany for repair.

Sorry to here it is not functioning correctly.

Ken

Sadja
17th April 2011, 02:49 PM
Thanks, Ken. The reset worked -- now to check all settings to see what else changed.

If I have one complaint about the GH2 is that it seems to have a mind of its own sometimes. Focus area, WB, ISO and maybe other settings all change on me once in a while and I can't figure out why. I've turned off most auto settings and make sure I have the LCD facing inwards (towards camera body). My most often used lens is the 100-300, which is relatively heavy, and this definitely causes my thumb to sometimes brush against various buttons on the back while stabilizing the body (always shoot using EVF). That's probably the cause, but can't figure out what to do about it.

Anyway, thanks again.

yalcrab
17th April 2011, 05:37 PM
Hi sadja

I am glad you have the same problem as me in that I am always touching the rear buttons when I dont want to. On my E510 you could disable the buttons in a menu setting, shame that is not available on the gh2.

Glad to here your GH2 is working fine now.

Ken

Sadja
18th April 2011, 02:52 PM
Hi Ken, Glad to hear that I'm not the only one with too many thumbs. Yesterday, with the ISO set to 320 I found myself running out of shutter speed head room and couldn't figure out why. When I checked the ISO it had jumped to 2000!

I see you have some Canon legacy glass. Since I also shoot Canon, I bought an adapter and have contemplated some FD lenses, but haven't gone that way yet. Once a Canon lens is mounted, the kit feels like the dog's tail wagging the dog.