PDA

View Full Version : Quick camera preset / reset E3/ E5 / E30

Kiwi Paul
3rd November 2010, 06:34 PM
I may be telling you how to suck eggs here but I recently discovered how easy it is to preconfigure 2 standard setups for the E3 and presumably the E5 and E30.

We have all done it, taken a shot only to realise the camera is still in manual focus or IS or some setting is in the wrong mode etc etc, wouldn't it be great if you could just press a button and "viola" a preconfigured setup for hand holding or tripod use or whatever is achieved.

Well it's dead easy, I know MY Mode sort of does that but it's clumsy through the menus or requires you to keep holding the function button down while pressing the shutter to use it.

My solution; set the camera to how you want it then go through the menus and set it as "custom reset1", when reset using "reset1" the camera will fall back to those settings, set it up for another use say for shooting on a tripod and set that as "reset2".

Now the easy bit, to reset the camera at any time to either of these settings simply press the ISO and exposure compensation buttons together, wait 2 secs the screen prompts you for which reset you want, use the wheel to select if necessary then release, that's it the camera is now in that mode, easy peezy

Paul

John Perriment
3rd November 2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks Paul, I'll give that a go. I've had my E-3 over two years but still learn something new nearly every day. :)

Kiwi Paul
3rd November 2010, 10:05 PM
Using My Mode (which is actually easily accessible using the Mode button and wheel) and the reset you can have 4 different modes configured in the E3.
The only thing to be aware of using the reset is if you say set the mode to be aperture priority when setting the reset1 function but you are in shutter priority when you reset, the camera will stay in shutter priority but all other settings will default to what you set them to when you configured it.

Paul

Ned
4th November 2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks Paul, I'll give that a go. I've had my E-3 over two years but still learn something new nearly every day. :)

Same here. Once the E-5 started getting announced is when all the stuff about my E-3 started popping up that I didn't know, lol.