PDA

View Full Version : GH2 Touch Screen Autofocus

Theshadowman
16th April 2013, 04:40 PM
I would be very grateful for some advice on the following, please.

Whenever I attempt to focus using the touch screen facility, the camera does focus, but stops filming. I thought the camera should focus and carry on filming.

Do I have a setting wrong?

I have the camera set on manual video.

Any help really is appreciated.

Robert

Ian
16th April 2013, 05:30 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a GH2 here, but trying this with a GX1 I didn't find that the recording stops when touching the screen.

What do you mean by 'manual video'?

Using single shot AF mode (instead of continuous AF) I was able to move the focus point around the frame while recording by dragging it on the screen and then pressing the shutter button half way to make it refocus.

Ian

Theshadowman
16th April 2013, 06:39 PM
Hi Ian

Sorry this newbie is causing so much trouble, but I am finding this touch screen focus confusing.

In Creative Movie mode when I want to use the touch screen method to focus, I touch the screen and the filming seems to stop. I have done a few experiments to see what is going on and have noticed the following:

The filming doesn't actually stop but the flashing red light on the screen disappears making me think it has stopped. Then once I have finished the clip and press the red button to stop filming, the red light starts flashing again - at this point I don't know if I am coming or going.

Help!!!

Robert

Ian
16th April 2013, 08:18 PM
Yes - your experience is the same as mine - the red light stops flashing but actually the recording continues.

Pressing the record button a second time completed the recording for me though.

Ian