New versions boost performance
Firmware updates for Olympus E-3 and ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II
Hamburg, 5 February 2009 – The latest firmware upgrades for the ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II and award-winning Olympus E-3 have arrived. Version 1.3 adds new functionality to improve the leading D-SLR’s Auto Focus and battery performance, while version 1.1 enhances the capabilities of the lens. The firmware can be updated now using OLYMPUS Master or OLYMPUS Studio software.
New enhancements to the E-3 provided by the latest firmware update include:
- The possibility to modify AF target points selection via the arrow keys (the same functionality as featured in the Olympus E-30). Arrow key functionality can now be adjusted via the “BUTTON/DIAL” option under Custom Menu 1.
- Enhanced Auto Focus accuracy when using bright, fast lenses such as the ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-35mm 1:2.0 SWD.
- Improved continuous shooting speed in C-AF mode.
- A new battery control sequence to improve battery life when using the HLD-4 power grip.
The ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II lens benefits from the following enhancement:
- Correction of the indication of the focal length on the zoom-ring and the Exif data (except WIDE/TELE-end).
It is easy to update firmware via the OLYMPUS Master software provided with the camera. Simply open the software, connect the camera to a computer via USB, and log on to the internet. Select “Update Camera/Add Display Language” from the “Camera” main menu and follow the instructions. Alternatively, OLYMPUS Studio software can also be used to download the new firmware updates.